Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
What? Wow. I have a few ex-Terminal D trips soon. This is no fun.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Just got in here now and saw the same sign. Asked the front desk agent and she mentioned a mid-September opening for the new space. Surprised that they would close for renovations if they are opening a new space several weeks later.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My guess is the repairs are plumbing-related. The Lounge has had several such issues.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Maybe the crowding has become so bad (with the nearby Admirals Club being renovated) that they'd rather just close the lounge temporarily and not have people complaining about crowding, until the reopen at the bigger location that can handle the increased traffic? I agree that it seems unlikely that they would close the current location for several weeks of repairs so soon prior to opening a brand-new location.

Summer (especially August) is also peak time for family vacations and the slower time for business travel. Maybe they are thinking that the business folks would rather not be stuck in a crowded lounge full of families on vacation over the next few weeks...
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
What? Wow. I have a few ex-Terminal D trips soon. This is no fun.
Quick - everybody into The Club at DFW!

Original photo credit to CMK10 (I shamelessly copied this from a post of his because I realized I have never bothered to take one of my own)

Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Quick - everybody into The Club at DFW!
Lol, yup I think it will soon be full of Plat holders complaining about how awful it is.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
My guess is the repairs are plumbing-related. The Lounge has had several such issues.
bathrooms were struggling on my visit two weeks ago. going to the lounge again tomorrow and will ask what the issues are.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cplush
going to the lounge again tomorrow and will ask what the issues are.
Practically speaking, does it really matter what the issues are?

Regards
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:07 pm

Flying through Dallas with the family in 3 weeks. FML.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:27 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I can route via DFW vs MIA on Aug 15. Is Centurion still supposed to open on 14th?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
At DFW now and tried the lounge. Sorry can’t post photo but stand at foot of escalator says:

“The American Express Centurion Lounge at DFW will be closed Tuesday, July 24th through Tuesday, August 14th (re-opening date is subject to change) for repairs.

Updates will be available on the Centurion Lounge Website or AMEX App.

We apologize for any convenience”

And penciled in=> Priority Pass? LOUNGE BEHIND YOU.
Statman likes this.

Last edited by texmanufan; Aug 3, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by texmanufan
And penciled in=> Priority Pass? LOUNGE BEHIND YOU.
ok. Now I need a photo of this sign!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:10 pm

Hmm, The Lounge at DFW website says permanent location opening Sept 18. I wonder who's those repairs are for?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by wesheltonj
Hmm, The Lounge at DFW website says permanent location opening Sept 18. I wonder who's those repairs are for?
Shortly before the lounge closed, one of the long-time reception agents was surprisingly tight-lipped when I inquired about the repairs. She conceded that some of the repairs were plumbing-related, but that the work was more extensive than that.

She also implied that the repairs might have something to do with bringing the space to an agreed-to condition prior to turning it back to the airport. I pressed for more detail and none was forthcoming.

The entire Terminal D lounge world is changing. All the operators want more space. My guess is that the relinquished Amex CL will be repurposed rather quickly.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by dayone
. . . . My guess is that the relinquished Amex CL will be repurposed rather quickly.
My guess is The Club at DFW will just move up the escalator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.