Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gooselee
USA-issued American Express Platinum and Centurion cards accounts are eligible to have the $100 application fee for the Global Entry program reimbursed. Each eligible card can receive one $100 credit every five years. Additional cards are eligible for the credit if the additional user's application fee is charged to the additional card. Read more about the benefit here:

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel (scroll down)

Please use this thread only to discuss the American Express reimbursement benefit. Primary Flyertalk discussion forum is Travel Safety & Security

Here is a link to an active thread:

Is Global Entry worthwhile?
Print Wikipost

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by scubadu
There is probably some connection as to why you where there rather than a blanket rejection...
Tourism, of course!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
They are quick on processing the statement credits! The $100 hit my card on 4/2 and there's a credit on 4/5 for it

T568:0001 $100 Statement Credit -100.00
for Global Entry Membership
Doing Business As: USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER
Merchant Address: SUITE 100
6650 TELECOM DR
INDIANAPOLIS
IN
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hertz Plat, HHonnors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Rewards Regular, Hyatt Gold, PC Gold
Originally Posted by mreed911
Not true. This post and this post reflect 7 days from applied to conditional approval to interview, as well as other posts in that thread.
that comes from a Global Entry agent at EWR...so if its otherwise then the agent was wrong
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by brosnan6
They are quick on processing the statement credits! The $100 hit my card on 4/2 and there's a credit on 4/5 for it
I did my application Sunday 4/3 at night at the credit appeared on 4/5. VERY fast.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
I just received an offer for 50K miles if I upgrade to AMEX Plat. It doesn't say anything about the benefit of getting re-imbursed for the GE program. Has that benefit been officially announced?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pedropescador
I just received an offer for 50K miles if I upgrade to AMEX Plat. It doesn't say anything about the benefit of getting re-imbursed for the GE program. Has that benefit been officially announced?
Yes, it has been officially announced.

http://transformtravel.americanexpress.com

Regards

Last edited by mia; Apr 7, 2011 at 6:32 am Reason: Cleaned link
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by pjhyett
I don't suppose Amex will refund the $100 I just spent on March 28 applying for Global Entry? I put the charge on my biz platinum amex.
A colleague of mine just called them and they refunded his application fee from Mid-March. So it's worth a try...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt
that comes from a Global Entry agent at EWR...so if its otherwise then the agent was wrong
No, both the individual posts referenced are of applicants (individuals) with 7 day approvals.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hertz Plat, HHonnors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Rewards Regular, Hyatt Gold, PC Gold
Originally Posted by mreed911
No, both the individual posts referenced are of applicants (individuals) with 7 day approvals.
ok...so they might have special circumstances or for some reason they processed it fast...

all im doing is retransmitting what one of the global entry officers said when i called up back in January to find out how long it normally takes to which he responded with "normally it takes a minimum of two weeks." if hes wrong then hes wrong... there is no need to shoot the messenger
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt
ok...so they might have special circumstances or for some reason they processed it fast...

all im doing is retransmitting what one of the global entry officers said when i called up back in January to find out how long it normally takes to which he responded with "normally it takes a minimum of two weeks." if hes wrong then hes wrong... there is no need to shoot the messenger
Then indicate that in your original post rather than asserting it takes two weeks. Not shooting the messenger, just the message. There is sufficient anecdotal evidence to suggest that it varies. Now we know it can be as little as 7 days per applicants that previously completed the process, and that CBP is providing a timeframe of two weeks (which we can speculate may have increased due to demand caused by Amex making the application process free for its members). That's much more comprehensive and accurate.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:05 pm

Another data point.
Applied Sunday 4/3, Conditionally Approved on Thursday 4/7.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
With the government shut-down looming, I guess the processing time might be longer after tomorrow.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Another data point.
Applied Sunday 4/3, Conditionally Approved on Thursday 4/7.
I applied Friday 4/1, Conditionally Approved on Thursday 4/7.
Mrs. Aviators99 applied 4/5, still pending.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I guess these interviews won't happen if the gov't shuts down...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
I guess these interviews won't happen if the gov't shuts down...
CBP is exempt from Furlough, so it is still possible interviews will continue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.