Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gooselee
USA-issued American Express Platinum and Centurion cards accounts are eligible to have the $100 application fee for the Global Entry program reimbursed. Each eligible card can receive one $100 credit every five years. Additional cards are eligible for the credit if the additional user's application fee is charged to the additional card. Read more about the benefit here:

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel (scroll down)

Please use this thread only to discuss the American Express reimbursement benefit. Primary Flyertalk discussion forum is Travel Safety & Security

Here is a link to an active thread:

Is Global Entry worthwhile?
Print Wikipost

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CaliHotelGuy
To add to this, I was "conditionally approved" for GE last night after submitting my application five days ago. Logged in to schedule my appt and the next available at SFO is NOVEMBER 23rd! Yikes! I guess I'll have to check on a regular basis for short-term cancellations. Just FYI for anyone in the Bay Area.
Check this out for tips about getting in sooner at SFO.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25835484-post2863.html
Old May 13, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by PDXUA
Check this out for tips about getting in sooner at SFO.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25835484-post2863.html
They also take walk-ins the first hour they are open!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Global Entry fee reimbursement

Can a card holder pay the application fee for Global Entry for someone else and get reimbursed?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Can a card holder pay the application fee for Global Entry for someone else and get reimbursed?
Yes. I already had Global Entry, so I used my Platinum to pay for a family member's application. (The family member is NOT an Authorized User.) It was reimbursed promptly.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Finagler
Yes. I already had Global Entry, so I used my Platinum to pay for a family member's application. (The family member is NOT an Authorized User.) It was reimbursed promptly.
I thought it should altho Amex said it can't. If CBP does not tell them the name of the applicant how would Amex know who it was for. I don't think they should be giving any information out.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
I thought it should altho Amex said it can't.....
If you have already used the benefit for yourself you won't be able to use it again for another person until about five years later.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If you have already used the benefit for yourself you won't be able to use it again for another person until about five years later.
Yes, but I have not used it for myself.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:10 pm

The appointments for Global Entry are crazy. I signed up last month, got initial approval, and the closest in-person appt. @ SFO is in May!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
I have 3 additional card holders on my Amex Plat but they all have global entry. If I want to get other family members Global entry credit, do I need to change card to their names before charging Global entry credit? Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:58 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
I have 3 additional card holders on my Amex Plat but they all have global entry. If I want to get other family members Global entry credit, do I need to change card to their names before charging Global entry credit? Thanks
No, you can use the credit for anyone. Just make sure each application is charged to a different card.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA gold, virgin gold, skyteam
Do centurion reimburse global entry if NOT a US issued card

Apologies if covered... if I have a UK issued Centurion card will that be refunded if I set up and pay for US global entry or is it just a US issued card benefit?

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:23 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Nicofr68
...... if I have a UK issued Centurion card
Every market has its own benefits, rewards, partners, terms, etc. If this benefit isn't explicitly listed for your card there would be no basis to think that it is offered.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:57 pm

$100 Global Entry Credit - one time?

The CC sign up page states "$100 Global Entry Credit"

Is this once a year or one time?
Old May 9, 2017, 11:17 pm
mia

Card Members are eligible to receive one (1) statement credit every five (5) years for the application fee for either Global Entry or TSA Pre when charged to an eligible Card.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ur-travel.html

See also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...bursement.html
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Any recent data points on Amex reimbursement time? Applied/paid for my renewal last week and have not seen the reimbursement yet. I made some DL purchases on the same day. They posted 1 day later (alongside the GOES fee) and the airline fee reimbursement applied the day after that, but it's now going almost a full week on the GE reimbursement.

Trying to figure out if I should be worried yet. IIRC the credit posted pretty quickly during my original application. It's been 63 months since my last reimbursement so I should be well into the clear on the 5 year limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.