Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gooselee
USA-issued American Express Platinum and Centurion cards accounts are eligible to have the $100 application fee for the Global Entry program reimbursed. Each eligible card can receive one $100 credit every five years. Additional cards are eligible for the credit if the additional user's application fee is charged to the additional card. Read more about the benefit here:

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel (scroll down)

Please use this thread only to discuss the American Express reimbursement benefit. Primary Flyertalk discussion forum is Travel Safety & Security

Here is a link to an active thread:

Is Global Entry worthwhile?
Print Wikipost

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Exactly how many business days did it take for them to credit the $100 from the time you paid the GE fee (not approved, just paid)?
Within 5 or so IIRC.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Within 5 or so IIRC.
thanks. Hopefully it's really that quick for me. I chatted with Amex and they said it should credit within 6-8 weeks
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
GE Hawaii

Has anyone applied for GE from Hawaii?

If so, how does the interview work.

I have been getting TSA precheck very frequently but its value has dropped significantly since they have expanded the program (though I'm glad they have expanded the program).
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:24 am

thanks. Hopefully it's really that quick for me. I chatted with Amex and they said it should credit within 6-8 weeks
It credited on the 5th business day as well for me.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It credited on the 5th business day as well for me.
Glad I wasn't going crazy
Old Feb 24, 2014, 5:05 am

Can we edit the thread title to delete the word "New" at the beginning?

My heart starts racing every time I see "New Centurion & Platinum Benefit..." and then I see it's just the GE refund and my hopes are dashed again.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Glad I wasn't going crazy
^

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Can we edit the thread title to delete the word "New" at the beginning?

My heart starts racing every time I see "New Centurion & Platinum Benefit..." and then I see it's just the GE refund and my hopes are dashed again.
LoL. +1!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
can someone confirm if amex will refund nexus? i know the official policy is only global entry but back just 8 months ago someone said amex was still crediting nexus but that was in late 2013.

appreciate any datapoints within this year 2014. cheers
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by ultrasoul
can someone confirm if amex will refund nexus? i know the official policy is only global entry but back just 8 months ago someone said amex was still crediting nexus but that was in late 2013.

appreciate any datapoints within this year 2014. cheers
No first hand experience but I've been reading online they've closed the Nexus loophole
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody has recent experiences on the Global Entry credits?

Bring up this thread and hope to find out recent experiences on the Global Entry credit posting time.

TIA
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:42 pm

When you travel as a family with a child, do each family member need to apply for GE to be able to go through pre-check lane?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CCYTravel
When you travel as a family with a child, do each family member need to apply for GE to be able to go through pre-check lane?
http://www.cbp.gov/faqs/my-travel-co...-can-they-come

My travel companions (children, spouse or co-travelers) are not Global Entry members; can they come through the Global Entry kiosk with me?

No, only Global Entry members can use the Global Entry kiosk.
http://www.cbp.gov/faqs/are-children...l-global-entry

Are children able to enroll in Global Entry?

Yes. Children may enroll in Global Entry. Minor children 18 years or younger are required to have parental or legal guardianship permission.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; HTC6525LVW Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.94 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by Happy
Bring up this thread and hope to find out recent experiences on the Global Entry credit posting time.

TIA
My renewal cost posted in about 7 days
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:49 pm

Mine took 5 days.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:53 pm

Applied on September 1st.

Got approved September 3rd.

Scheduled interview for the next day (September 4th) at JFK.

Noticed there were a few interview openings throughout the week so now would not be a bad idea to apply if you're based in NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.