FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Charged Delta card $25K, Premier Gold $30K, what next? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1119145-charged-delta-card-25k-premier-gold-30k-what-next.html)

lancexfang Aug 23, 2010 11:20 am

Charged Delta card $25K, Premier Gold $30K, what next?

I may have missed some, but $25K and $30K are on my mind the optimal spend per calendar year in terms of reward/$ on these two cards. For the rest of the year, there is probably another $15K we will spend – what card do you suggest I use from now on, or stick to Premier Gold? I have a Platinum but I don’t think that’s the way to go.

Okto Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

Originally Posted by lancexfang (Post 14531220)
I may have missed some, but $25K and $30K are on my mind the optimal spend per calendar year in terms of reward/$ on these two cards. For the rest of the year, there is probably another $15K we will spend – what card do you suggest I use from now on, or stick to Premier Gold? I have a Platinum but I don’t think that’s the way to go.

If you are willing to apply for it, the Starwood AMEX - standard offer is to spend $15K in 6 months and get 15,000 bonus starpoints. That's on top of the 10,000 bonus points with the first purchase. So, $15K spend on a new SPG card yields 40,000 starpesos OR 50,000 airline miles.

mia Aug 23, 2010 11:39 am

Which Delta card?

lancexfang Aug 23, 2010 11:53 am

Gold Delta Skymiles

hs1 Aug 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Delta AMEX currently have 2x points for every $ spent through end of September.

writetorich Aug 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by hs1 (Post 14533169)
Delta AMEX currently have 2x points for every $ spent through end of September.

Good to know Delta miles are very valuable because they are easy to redeem for desirable awards:rolleyes:

But Seriously can be a good deal , IMHO, for Flyers captive to Delta who want to lower butt in seat mile requirement for higher elite status.

I'm hard pressed as to why any flyertalker who is not ATL based would pick Delta Sky miles as their F.F. program of choice.

hs1 Aug 24, 2010 5:10 am

Originally Posted by writetorich (Post 14533839)
Good to know Delta miles are very valuable because they are easy to redeem for desirable awards:rolleyes:

But Seriously can be a good deal , IMHO, for Flyers captive to Delta who want to lower butt in seat mile requirement for higher elite status.

I'm hard pressed as to why any flyertalker who is not ATL based would pick Delta Sky miles as their F.F. program of choice.

Delta SM is the only ff program that I know that have a guaranteed MINIMUM value of 1 cent per mile (as of now) and is by far the easiest to liquidate.

lancexfang Aug 24, 2010 9:17 am

I suggest we don't get into the discussion of Delta miles here. I have my opinion - i hate it due to its lack of predictability in low/standard award for premium seats, while I am stuck with it as I live in the Twin Cities area.

But let's not get into that. Let's talk about credit cards here. 2 Miles per $ before the end of Sept - is that targeted or for everyone? I might have missed that (e)mail.

hs1 Aug 24, 2010 9:54 am

Originally Posted by lancexfang (Post 14537087)
I suggest we don't get into the discussion of Delta miles here. I have my opinion - i hate it due to its lack of predictability in low/standard award for premium seats, while I am stuck with it as I live in the Twin Cities area.

But let's not get into that. Let's talk about credit cards here. 2 Miles per $ before the end of Sept - is that targeted or for everyone? I might have missed that (e)mail.

Flyertalk discussions here:
lhttp://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...iles-amex.html

lancexfang Aug 27, 2010 10:03 am

Originally Posted by hs1 (Post 14537359)

I've got my answer: I'll go with the 50K point offer for Business Gold.