Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Charged Delta card $25K, Premier Gold $30K, what next?

Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:20 am
Original Poster

I may have missed some, but $25K and $30K are on my mind the optimal spend per calendar year in terms of reward/$ on these two cards. For the rest of the year, there is probably another $15K we will spend – what card do you suggest I use from now on, or stick to Premier Gold? I have a Platinum but I don’t think that’s the way to go.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by lancexfang
I may have missed some, but $25K and $30K are on my mind the optimal spend per calendar year in terms of reward/$ on these two cards. For the rest of the year, there is probably another $15K we will spend – what card do you suggest I use from now on, or stick to Premier Gold? I have a Platinum but I don’t think that’s the way to go.
If you are willing to apply for it, the Starwood AMEX - standard offer is to spend $15K in 6 months and get 15,000 bonus starpoints. That's on top of the 10,000 bonus points with the first purchase. So, $15K spend on a new SPG card yields 40,000 starpesos OR 50,000 airline miles.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:39 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Which Delta card?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Gold Delta Skymiles
Old Aug 23, 2010, 4:19 pm
hs1

Delta AMEX currently have 2x points for every $ spent through end of September.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by hs1
Delta AMEX currently have 2x points for every $ spent through end of September.
Good to know Delta miles are very valuable because they are easy to redeem for desirable awards

But Seriously can be a good deal , IMHO, for Flyers captive to Delta who want to lower butt in seat mile requirement for higher elite status.

I'm hard pressed as to why any flyertalker who is not ATL based would pick Delta Sky miles as their F.F. program of choice.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:10 am
hs1

Originally Posted by writetorich
Good to know Delta miles are very valuable because they are easy to redeem for desirable awards

But Seriously can be a good deal , IMHO, for Flyers captive to Delta who want to lower butt in seat mile requirement for higher elite status.

I'm hard pressed as to why any flyertalker who is not ATL based would pick Delta Sky miles as their F.F. program of choice.
Delta SM is the only ff program that I know that have a guaranteed MINIMUM value of 1 cent per mile (as of now) and is by far the easiest to liquidate.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:17 am
Original Poster

I suggest we don't get into the discussion of Delta miles here. I have my opinion - i hate it due to its lack of predictability in low/standard award for premium seats, while I am stuck with it as I live in the Twin Cities area.

But let's not get into that. Let's talk about credit cards here. 2 Miles per $ before the end of Sept - is that targeted or for everyone? I might have missed that (e)mail.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:54 am
hs1

Originally Posted by lancexfang
I suggest we don't get into the discussion of Delta miles here. I have my opinion - i hate it due to its lack of predictability in low/standard award for premium seats, while I am stuck with it as I live in the Twin Cities area.

But let's not get into that. Let's talk about credit cards here. 2 Miles per $ before the end of Sept - is that targeted or for everyone? I might have missed that (e)mail.
Flyertalk discussions here:
lhttp://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...iles-amex.html
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hs1
I've got my answer: I'll go with the 50K point offer for Business Gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.