FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Earning AA AAdvantage Miles /LPs on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/799356-earning-aa-aadvantage-miles-lps-cx-cathay-including-upgrade-issues.html)

Microwave Apr 10, 2014 7:51 am

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles /LPs on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

As AAdvantage is still operating as a distinct programme, this question is being moved over to the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

The thread title is also being updated to clarify its contents.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests :)) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator

Carbonic Jan 4, 2018 7:32 am

AA Will not post miles earned on CX

Hello all, I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation before. I went on a mileage run on Dec 14 with CX. My ticket was for EWR-HKG, HKG-TPE, TPE-HKG, HKG-EWR all on CX in premium econ. After the run, all of my flights posted to my aadvantage account except for the last leg of HKG-EWR, after sending in a manual request I was denied. I then called customer service and was told she put the request in for the miles and got an email confirming so. I received another email this morning saying I was denied again. The biggest issue here is that that flight posting would give me platinum status for 2018, yet here we are in the first week of 2018 and I am getting nowhere. Has anyone run into this before and have suggestions? Thanks in advance for your time!

Dave Noble Jan 4, 2018 7:36 am

Was the travel in an eligible booking class? What was the reason for the denial? It looks like all CX booking classes for Premium Economy are eligible for mileage accrual

andersonCooper Jan 4, 2018 7:40 am

Yes, similar things happened on Labor Day weekend. See discussions on:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...issues-21.html

Basically, scan your boarding pass and first page of receipt, send them to the email AA CS provided to you, and wait. It will post eventually. PEY earns AA credits except for redemption.

Carbonic Jan 4, 2018 7:41 am

Was all booked and ticketed in Premium Economy (E) 3/4 of the flights posted with no issues, it's just the last leg (HKG-EWR) that I am having the issue with

nelsinho Jan 23, 2018 11:13 am

Originally Posted by nelsinho (Post 29172746)
The segments have not posted yet, I called the Exec Plat desk and they sent out a request to CX. Having this miles posted is costing me 2 SWUs, but I am hoping this will get sorted out.

No luck yet in having the codeshare posted. I provided AA with the boarding passes 2 weeks ago, will call the EXP line to check on it.

nelsinho Feb 7, 2018 10:58 am

Originally Posted by nelsinho (Post 29329458)
No luck yet in having the codeshare posted. I provided AA with the boarding passes 2 weeks ago, will call the EXP line to check on it.

Still chasing these; I called the EXP line, they put me through to the AAdvantage desk, I was told it was rejected. CSR checked images of the boarding passes and ticket, and re-requested the miles. I got an email on Tuesday re-requesting my flight documents, which I sent again. Let's see what happens this time.

Explore Feb 7, 2018 8:35 pm

CX flights seem to post to AA about weekly. Sometimes they come through almost immediately, other times you have to wait a full week, or slightly longer.

andersonCooper Feb 8, 2018 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 29392466)
CX flights seem to post to AA about weekly. Sometimes they come through almost immediately, other times you have to wait a full week, or slightly longer.

Every Saturday midnight - noon, central time.

smitty06 Feb 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Just wanted to report that my Cathay Pacific flight (premium economy-->business) using miles posted to my AA account as expected (Saturday). I had read some reports here that some had problems getting credit.

nelsinho Feb 19, 2018 8:57 am

After a bit over 2 months I finally got the miles posted to my account for the CX codeshared flights with LATAM (LA). It took a final call to the EXP desk; got an experienced agent that looked over at the travel docs I had sent and pushed it through. The miles posted immediately, and the 2 SWUs were added to the account 2 days later.

Just to clarify, the CX flights were posted to my account in just a week, the problem was with the codeshare flights that CX sold me on LA.

BLazarus22 Feb 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06 (Post 29402742)
Just wanted to report that my Cathay Pacific flight (premium economy-->business) using miles posted to my AA account as expected (Saturday). I had read some reports here that some had problems getting credit.

I as well have noticed Saturday to be when these flights process. Is there any recourse if, say, I get back from HKG on Sunday and have a domestic AA flight that Friday? Can someone at customer service can expedite? It would be a case of Platinum vs. Platinum Pro so it would make a fairly substantial difference to me though only for a single flight.

pjack Mar 5, 2018 10:50 am

Can you earn AA miles on purchased CX tickets?

I don't often have the opportunity to fly CX , but will purchase tickets for two flying business class IAD/HKG/SYD/ & AKL/HKG/IAD. The CX miles earned by buying these tickets will be of little value to me. I'm wondering if there is a way of earning AA miles instead. I realize there might be opportunities to book AA on the CX website, but, obviously, much more flexibility on the AA site. Any ideas wpild be appreciated. Perhaps I can book the CX flights with AA??

44C Mar 5, 2018 10:56 am

All the info is here in regards to earning AA miles when traveling on CX:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ay-pacific.jsp

cxfan1960 Mar 5, 2018 1:09 pm

This is a question for the AA forum - moving over...

cxfan1960
CX CoMod