Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Music Played on AA During Boarding and Disembarkation

The music for the month can usually be found and played on Spotify, here. Previous playlists are shown as well.

[/B][/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Asiana Club Silver, Flying Blue Ivory
They've been doing the indie music thing since March October 2014 2013 for a while now. Best place to ask AA is on Twitter, I think.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by MMinNYC
I recently flew on a few AA flights, and I was pleasantly surprised by the music playing in the background on all the planes.
Who knew AA would play indie music?

Does anyone have any knowledge about where I can find the playlist? My phone was dead, and I wasn't able to Shazam the songs.
I'll go ahead and merge this into the extant thread on this topic.

~Moderator
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Regardless of what is playing, TURN IT DOWN!!!!!!! We are sitting in a small metal tube w/the speakers directly overhead, not Madison Square Garden, for crying out loud
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by txrus
Regardless of what is playing, TURN IT DOWN!!!!!!! We are sitting in a small metal tube w/the speakers directly overhead, not Madison Square Garden, for crying out loud
This. Most of my flights have been blissfully silent on US lately. I was on AA earlier this week and couldn't believe how loud / annoying the music was. I know it makes me sound all "get off my lawn" but I'd much prefer silence to the background noise of music / TV that is omnipresent in the US.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I have noticed that on my recent flights the music was much quieter than when the first round of indie music came out. I'd be curious to find the current playlist, too. At first I was (one of the few who was) sad to see the demise of the piano cover music. Now, I can't stop playing the first round of the AA boarding tunes. Here is a link to a Youtube playlist somebody created of the first round of AA Boarding music since the switchover to the Indie music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Ev6sHOCWlWPeQ8
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Gold, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Anyone know the current deplaning song? The first one they play... Want to find it online somewhere. Stuck in my head.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Gold, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dealvr1
Anyone know the current deplaning song? The first one they play... Want to find it online somewhere. Stuck in my head.
Found it.
Geographer - Lovers Game
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by dealvr1
Found it.
Geographer - Lovers Game
That's not the one the played yesterday. It had Cliff climbing and desert scenes and said something about "the devil"
Old Dec 5, 2015, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
That's not the one the played yesterday. It had Cliff climbing and desert scenes and said something about "the devil"
It changes monthly
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by txrus
Agreed; or, better yet, TURN IT OFF.

The world is already noisy enough.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: AA
I wonder if this will expand to LUS flights? I've heard the boarding/disembarking music on LUS 757, but none of the other aircraft types.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Does anyone know what the current boarding music is for March? It goes something like "all you wanted was to" or something like that.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I was on an Eagle flight a while back and the FA had plugged his iPod in and was playing opera. He later informed us that it was him singing (he was an opera singer in his spare time?).
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
If you're looking for a song played during boarding/disembarking, you can go to http://americanairlinesentertainment.com/april-2016/ and select the month of your flight. Then, go to "Audio" and select either "Arriving" or "Boarding." You can pull up the playlist on Spotify through the website and sample each song!

Found what I was looking for this way. It was "Control" by Olympic Ayers.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
OT, but...
Several years ago I was on a UA flight exBOS delayed for hours. For the duration they played Rhapsody in Blue. To this day I still love the song, but that day I would have been happy to never hear it again. This is part of the reason I never fly UA, except under duress. The fact is AA music is invisible to me and until I saw this thread it never dawned on me that they play any music at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.