FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   MVD / Montevideo, Uruguay AA Flights and Contract Lounge Access (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/674152-mvd-montevideo-uruguay-aa-flights-contract-lounge-access-consolidated.html)

erik123 Dec 30, 2009 6:20 am

FYI - New terminal opened yesterday (the 29th). Will report back on lounge next week.

MileHigh Dec 30, 2009 7:41 am

Interesting, must have missed it: I arrived on AA 989 on the 29th at the "old" terminal.

MileHigh Dec 30, 2009 7:55 am

BTW, I used the FastPass service offered by the VIP Lounge when I arrived on the 29th on AA989. Minibus service from plane-side to Immigration, no-line/waiting time for passport control (an Iberia flight arrived at the same time and there were easily 200+ people in line), access to the VIP lounge while their staff retrieved my checked baggage; all for USD45.00.

A good deal that saved quite a bit of time.

erik123 Dec 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by MileHigh (Post 13079660)
Interesting, must have missed it: I arrived on AA 989 on the 29th at the "old" terminal.

Supposedly the first flight landed at night on the 29th. Would make sense as no one would show up for an opening in the morning.

LAXjoe Jan 3, 2010 9:45 am

New MVD Terminal

I had the pleasure of flying into and out of MVD's new terminal on Jan 1 (AEP-MVD on Pluna and MVD-MIA on AA). It's indeed open and what a beautiful facility--with great (friendly, professional) staff at every encounter (everyone seemed quite proud of their new base, and should be). Used the VIP lounge--quite large, design feels like a W hotel, includes three pc terminals, and a relaxation room at the opposite end. All the bathrooms were private suites, with showers. Wireless was not working properly but they should have it worked out by now I presume (they were aware of issue). Plugs are sockets that are sunk into the floor--my bulky square adapter (typical EU standard) would not fit, so they loaned me slim adapter, so bring your slimmest adapter if you plan on using. Very limited food options (a few sandwiches and croissants) in the lounge, so you may consider gabbing a bite at the airport restaurant post security (only other option is a McCafe, landside). All in all a super nice facility, and still only a few gates in total so no major schlep factor. FWIW, Uruguay is a lovely country, I especially enjoyed the few days I spent in La Barra / Jose Ignacio area beyond Punta del Este. Highly recommend it.

marshall cope Jan 3, 2010 9:58 am

MVD New Terminal

LAXJOE

hi u mentioned you were in La Barra and Punta del Este..
I am going there at the end of January for 10 days.
An tips like taxi from MVD to Punta or resturants or beaches...
Any info would be great. MileHigh gave me some info already,but always looking for more.
Many Thanks in advance

Marshall

LAXjoe Jan 3, 2010 10:22 am

Originally Posted by marshall cope (Post 13102201)
LAXJOE

hi u mentioned you were in La Barra and Punta del Este..
I am going there at the end of January for 10 days.
An tips like taxi from MVD to Punta or resturants or beaches...
Any info would be great. MileHigh gave me some info already,but always looking for more.
Many Thanks in advance

Marshall

Indeed I do, sending a PM to you now..

erik123 Jan 3, 2010 2:04 pm

Indeed good airport and nice lounge - great beverage selection (self serve) but very limited food selection. Only magazine store (though probably 99% Spanish) is before security - as is the proper restaurant (called la patria I believe).

Also - rental car return is rather confusing - no signage when entering the aiport. You park you car in the main carpark (anywhere) - go inside where the car rental desks are on the right of the entrance - and the rep will walk back to the car to check it out. If no-one is at the counter wait for the rep to return.

marshall cope Jan 4, 2010 8:44 am

laxjoe

I have sent you a PM Reply

Many thanks

MileHigh Jan 16, 2010 3:31 pm

I reluctantly returned from Punta del Este last week via MVD. Another wonderful time although New Years Eve at Punta was quite chilly.

I agree with the comment about rental car returns. Signage is not good: there are sections in the second section of the parking lot in front of the terminal for the rental car companies. I would expect signs to go up in the future. BTW, be careful in dealing with Europcar. I'm in the middle of a dispute with them about an undisclosed minimum rental period during "the season".

The new terminal is wonderful. The VIP Lounge is comfortable with sufficient snacks and an open bar. No more buses to board!

Security was fine with a carry-on bag inspection and a pat down. No one-hour before landing restrictions.

SkyTeam777 Feb 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Anyone know if the lounge will be open to other pax like those with Priority Pass cards, etc?

ghfatw Feb 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Nice terminal - one issue when arriving is that the taxi line is not marked and relatively chaotic.

rabble May 20, 2010 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 13372607)
Anyone know if the lounge will be open to other pax like those with Priority Pass cards, etc?

Their english website lacks a lot of information which is in the spanish one.
http://www.aeropuertosvipclub.com.uy/planesdeacceso.php

There's nothing there about partners or access at all except by paying. You can become a member of this one club for $400 a year. Even with MVD as my home airport it seems like a terrible deal to me.

As far as i know the only way in is via airlines giving you a pass or being a member of this single isolate lounge. Well they've got a lounge in BOTH uruguayan airports, MVD and Punta del Este. Not that there's a flight between them.

JDiver May 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Essentially, translated from Castilian (Spanish) MUCH MORE than you home lounge, most likely:

Individual Access
Single entry
Does not entitle to Fast Pass on Departures
No right to guests

* 20% discount for Individual Access for customers of Club de El País

Summarized: Annual fees USD $408 allows 12 lounge accesses in both airports and Fast Pass annually; entries can be credited to others.

Summarized: Unlimited annual access USD $750 allows unlimited access in both airports, Fast Pass, complimentary access for one guest and children under 18.

Single Access (in full)

Departures:
Adult USD $40
Minors under 12 USD $20
Infants under 2 at no cost

Arrivals:
Adults USD $45
Minors under 12 USD$ 23
Infants under 2 at no cost

Points of Sale

Aeropuertos VIP Club Partidas (Airports VIP Club for Departures)
Tel. (+598 2) 604-0329 int. 1490
[email protected]

Aeropuertos VIP Club Arribos (Airports VIP Club for Arrivals)
Tel. (+598 2) 604-0329 int. 1275
[email protected]

Aeropuertos VIP Club Punta del Este (Airports VIP Club Punta del Este)
Tel. (+598 42) 559-777 int. 215 o 220
[email protected]

Services and Accomodations

Services

FastPass: Members of Airports VIP Club possessing a personalized card will be granted differential exclusive access avoiding delays prior to Security and Immigration controls at Carrasco Airport.

FastForms: A thoughtful service to provide ease, speed and comfort prior to your travel.
Accessing www.aeropuertodecarrasco.com.uy you can complete Customs and Immigration forms, from anywhere, saving time and possible discomfort.

Personnel especially dedicated to your care

Exclusive transportation for Aeropuertos VIP Club users: In cases where it is necessary, our users are transported in exclusive vehicles to and from their aircraft

Baggage Service: Our personnel will locate your baggage while you enjoy the comforts of our Arrivals lounge

Valet Parking: We will soon offer a special Valet Parking exclusively for those clients of Aeropuertos VIP Club who wish to leave their vehicle in our covered parking. (Not available at this time)

Business Center: You will be able to continue your business in our lounges with Internet-connected computers and free WiFi connection. You will additionally be provided with services including fax, photocopy, scanning, printer among other tools.

Special reception services for your passengers: You will have the possibility of receiving your passengers, friends or family in the Arrivals lounge, a privileged place.

Meeting Room: We will have a meeting room specially equipped with all the comforts you need so your meeting is a success.

Shower Installations We have the infrastructure so if you wish, you can take a shower offering all the necessary elements.

International and domestic telephone calls

Corporate Solutions in accordance with your requirements

VIP Check-in

Aeropuertos VIP Club will put a new service at your disposal: VIP Check-in

Know the benefits of VIP Check-in:

Entering the Carrasco Airport via the Arrivals VIP Lounge, you provide us with your documentation and baggage, and we will take care of formalities with the airline you are traveling on. This way you can give your farewells to your family tranquilly, or prolong your business reunion.

Once checked in, our personnel will accompany you to the Departures Lounge, avoiding queues at the Security and Immigration control points.

As well, for an additional fee, you can request a Mercedes Benz remise to transfer you from your home to the airport.

If you have a vehicle, you have the possibility to stop at the VIP Arrivals Lounge so our personnel can park it for you in the covered parking exclusively for clients of the Aeropuertos VIP Club.

Conditions:

Book a minimum of 24 hours in advance
Parking subject to availability

tkelvin69 Aug 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by rabble (Post 12716516)
The new terminal / airport really, is supposed to open November 15th. My understanding is that it will NOT have any airline run lounges. So no OW lounge. There's an airport run salon VIP with both a departures and arrivals lounge.

IB and LAN give passes to OW sapphires and emeralds to use the departure lounges, but AA only does it based on class of service. The only other alliance flying to MVD is TAM, i'm flying them next week on a hop up to GRU, but i don't have status with *A.

I'll give a report on the new terminal, i'm flying out on the day they are supposed to start using it.

Does anyone have experience using the new VIP lounge for J passengers or OW Emerald arriving MVD? Free or fee?