Search

The best and the worst Admirals Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
The best and the worst Admirals Clubs

Let me start this discussion by saying that, unlike in what by my estimate is approximately 62.3% of the participants on this board, I am not here to complain. The fact that some Admirals Clubs are not as good as others doesn’t change the fact that I usually am happy that I have lounge access, but also do not feel obligated to sit in a lounge that doesn’t make me happy. (Not an Admirals Club, but when I flew MSY-DCA on Monday, I chose to sit at the gate rather than at the lounge to which I have access, where I would have sat in uncomfortable seats and ate crappy food that I didn’t really want, and instead splurged by spending $5 for my double short latte from Starbucks and took it to the gate.)

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, it seems to me that the best and worst clubs may both be at DCA, with the best being the new E club and the worst being the old C and D clubs. Agree or disagree?

(I’m certain that many of you have been to more clubs than I have, and at JFK, DFW, LAX, and LHR, I’m usually in the Flagship Lounge or, in the case of LHR, in the CX lounge, so don’t have recent memories of those ACs.)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I need to take back what I said about DFW. It’s only the D club I haven’t been in recently. I spend plenty of time in the A and C clubs which, while not as good as the Flagship Lounge, are just fine.

Also, though I don’t agree, I’m gonna guess that the CLT clubs are gonna get more votes than the DCA C and D clubs as the worst.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Oddly, one of my favorites is not the fanciest and has minimal catering but it one of the calmest, has a great staff and has a nice quiet room. ORD G. Don't judge. It is like a home away from home when you are stuck flying on those dang regional flights out of G

Don't get me wrong, I love the flagship lounges for food, beverage, etc. but that little G lounge is an oasis
renila, Stripe, aktchi and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Globalist, DL Silv, Hilton Dim, Marriot Gld, Amex Plat
CLTs C club. Paper floors, coke machines don't work, makeshift bar, and walking tacos served for "dinner". Also, the service at this AC has been among the worst I've experienced in the system.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Worst CLT C
2nd worst CLT B
Best (my faves, at least) ORD L and LAX T5

a lot of my opinion based on typical crowding and ambience.
dw, aj411, Uzzar and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Worst CLT C
2nd worst CLT B
Best (my faves, at least) ORD L and LAX T5

a lot of my opinion based on typical crowding and ambience.
I agree on ORD L. Right after ORD G. Both really are a break fromthe crowds.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JackIs
CLTs C club. Paper floors, coke machines don't work, makeshift bar, and walking tacos served for "dinner". Also, the service at this AC has been among the worst I've experienced in the system.
Yep. This is what I was going to say. Total overcrowded and outdated place. You have to walk around looking for an empty chair.

DFW C is also packed but much bigger so you can find space and not as chaotic.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:50 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aj411
Oddly, one of my favorites is not the fanciest and has minimal catering but it one of the calmest, has a great staff and has a nice quiet room. ORD G. Don't judge. It is like a home away from home when you are stuck flying on those dang regional flights out of G

Don't get me wrong, I love the flagship lounges for food, beverage, etc. but that little G lounge is an oasis
G is great, unfortunately there are plans for it to close in the future (they want to move all the regionals to L)

I really like the new DEN C lounge, it's a vast improvement over the old one in A, but can get crowded as they bank flights there.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
The High A-gates AC at PHX is the worst one I've been to. Literally the size of a broom closet (maybe the same-ish size as LAX's eagles nest AC but for a main terminal). Oftentimes the bathrooms are out of order. And just as all the other ACs at PHX, crazy overcrowded.
ChanelCinq and gophish11 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by JackIs
They have bonafide walking tacos in CLT? In most ACs a well-executed walking tacos with a quality selection of toppings would be a big step up from the Institutional Chicken with Sauce du jour.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:52 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
PHL near gate A5 is awful, I have had closets bigger than that club.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Globalist, DL Silv, Hilton Dim, Marriot Gld, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Check
They have bonafide walking tacos in CLT? In most ACs a well-executed walking tacos with a quality selection of toppings would be a big step up from the Institutional Chicken with Sauce du jour.
The last half a dozen times I have been there during normal dinner times, it is a bag of Doritos and heated taco meat if you are lucky!
Check likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold
Originally Posted by aj411

Totally agree with this. It also seems to have slightly different decor than any other lounge in the system. Lots of white.

Plus the quiet room in the back has very comfortable lounging chairs that people seem to not know about.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold
Of the non-hub ACs, DEN is lovely. Haven't been to EWR yet.

But I'm through PIT weekly and I love the staff, who remember their regulars by name and are quick to help with any kind of ticketing issue whether same day of travel or future travel. Excellent group of very experienced agents!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:38 am

Club at IAH is small but nice and friendly with plenty of seating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.