FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   A Note on My Seat (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2115844-note-my-seat.html)

MsEverywhere Mar 21, 2023 9:10 am

A Note on My Seat

Has anyone else received a note on their seat? This was my first:
MsEverywhere –
Welcome!
We appreciate your loyalty & happy to have you on our flight today!
Your crew – FA1, FA2, FA3, FA4

WeekendTraveler Mar 21, 2023 9:15 am

Once, on Delta. I was impressed.

I was given a thank-you note this past weekend by the amazingly great flight attendant on AA. I was also impressed.

fdog Mar 21, 2023 9:26 am

A couple of times. I thought it was a good move to retain elites.

...And it actually put a smile on my face, instead of me feeling like a faceless cog in the profit machine.

All the best, James

nk15 Mar 21, 2023 9:41 am

No notes from AA, but FAs single me out on flights to the Caribbean and thank me for being EXP, often the only one in F.

I get FA thank you notes in Mint from JetBlue, and TAP FAs always thank me personally for being *A G.

S80 Mar 21, 2023 11:11 am

Originally Posted by fdog (Post 35105235)
A couple of times. I thought it was a good move to retain elites.

...And it actually put a smile on my face, instead of me feeling like a faceless cog in the profit machine.

All the best, James

I've only been handed one once, but I've woken up to several at my seat (proves how much I sleep on planes). I don't so much about retaining my business (I'm on the hamster wheel already), but it certainly does make me happy.

rvolkcpa Mar 21, 2023 11:20 am

We had notes and chocolate bars on an Alaska flight from LAS to PAE, thanking us for being OneWorld Emeralds.

USFlyerUS Mar 21, 2023 2:05 pm

Yes, I have a collection of several of them. I get them most often on PSA flights, not mainline.

Red Tail Fan Mar 21, 2023 5:48 pm

I have had it a couple of times while flying with Envoy. Nice touch!

LovePrunes Mar 21, 2023 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Red Tail Fan (Post 35106455)
I have had it a couple of times while flying with Envoy. Nice touch!

got my first on AA while on an envoy flight, and it was a sticky note attached to a cocktail napkin the FA brought to me and my seatmate across the aisle in first, before our beverages.
Was a nice touch. Too bad they don't give them screenprinted logo postcards like DL gives their FA's to write notes on.
But still, was the 1st time I've ever been the recipient of a handwritten note on AA, and it made me smile to get it.

USFlyerUS Mar 21, 2023 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes (Post 35106833)
Too bad they don't give them screenprinted logo postcards like DL gives their FA's to write notes on.

They do. All of mine from AA are on heavy stock postcards.

flying_geek Mar 21, 2023 10:09 pm

Maybe 20 years ago I was in 4A and the people in front of me were - difficult. I think I just said a friendly "thank you" to the FA. When I got my drink - the napkin had a written note on it along the lines of "Thank you for smiling at my colleague . She was having a bad day and needed it". I wrote something in response and handed the napkin back. 2 minutes later I got it back with: "We hate 3A and B" - so like little lower school kids we exchanged notes with every now rather frequent top up of my diet coke. One of the best inflight entertainment AA ever provided ;-)

fotographer Mar 22, 2023 7:37 am

that is a nice touch.. the only note I have had on seat. well was to let me know the I
IFE system was not working on a 14hour flight...