A Note on My Seat

Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
A Note on My Seat

Has anyone else received a note on their seat? This was my first:
MsEverywhere –
Welcome!
We appreciate your loyalty & happy to have you on our flight today!
Your crew – FA1, FA2, FA3, FA4
nk15, 355F1, Antarius and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:15 am
Suspended

Once, on Delta. I was impressed.

I was given a thank-you note this past weekend by the amazingly great flight attendant on AA. I was also impressed.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
A couple of times. I thought it was a good move to retain elites.

...And it actually put a smile on my face, instead of me feeling like a faceless cog in the profit machine.

All the best, James
LowValueCustomer and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
No notes from AA, but FAs single me out on flights to the Caribbean and thank me for being EXP, often the only one in F.

I get FA thank you notes in Mint from JetBlue, and TAP FAs always thank me personally for being *A G.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:11 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fdog
A couple of times. I thought it was a good move to retain elites.

...And it actually put a smile on my face, instead of me feeling like a faceless cog in the profit machine.

All the best, James
I've only been handed one once, but I've woken up to several at my seat (proves how much I sleep on planes). I don't so much about retaining my business (I'm on the hamster wheel already), but it certainly does make me happy.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
We had notes and chocolate bars on an Alaska flight from LAS to PAE, thanking us for being OneWorld Emeralds.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Yes, I have a collection of several of them. I get them most often on PSA flights, not mainline.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have had it a couple of times while flying with Envoy. Nice touch!
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Red Tail Fan
I have had it a couple of times while flying with Envoy. Nice touch!
got my first on AA while on an envoy flight, and it was a sticky note attached to a cocktail napkin the FA brought to me and my seatmate across the aisle in first, before our beverages.
Was a nice touch. Too bad they don't give them screenprinted logo postcards like DL gives their FA's to write notes on.
But still, was the 1st time I've ever been the recipient of a handwritten note on AA, and it made me smile to get it.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Too bad they don't give them screenprinted logo postcards like DL gives their FA's to write notes on.
They do. All of mine from AA are on heavy stock postcards.
S80, BWISkyGuy, fdog and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Maybe 20 years ago I was in 4A and the people in front of me were - difficult. I think I just said a friendly "thank you" to the FA. When I got my drink - the napkin had a written note on it along the lines of "Thank you for smiling at my colleague . She was having a bad day and needed it". I wrote something in response and handed the napkin back. 2 minutes later I got it back with: "We hate 3A and B" - so like little lower school kids we exchanged notes with every now rather frequent top up of my diet coke. One of the best inflight entertainment AA ever provided ;-)
blue2002, SFO777, Anduril and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
that is a nice touch.. the only note I have had on seat. well was to let me know the I
IFE system was not working on a 14hour flight...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.