Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Both of mine posted this morning.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by gmt4
Same. Two rentals from early March, PHX and DFW both at the airport rental centers neither has posted.
I have had so many issues that I don't even bother with AVIS anymore. In previous bookings, when I picked up my car rentals, I confirmed with the AVIS staff that my AA number was in the reservation. Not a single time did I get the loyalty points. I emailed AVIS months ago and they said they would resubmit the requests since according to them my AA number wasn't in any of the reservations, but I'm still waiting for the LPs to post.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:29 am

Another DP
Booked directly through Avis for airport rental using the code from the AA website and linked to my AA acct.
Received my 5x miles 9 days later. No 30% partner LP was added, but Avis is not listed as a select partner so not expected.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Avis has become horrible. Rented from them in ORD recently - I was "excited" given I had President's Club through AA. I end up getting to ORD earlier on a standby flight and check in on the app where it says my car is ready - this was 2 hours before the original reservation time. Blissfully unaware that Avis was going to charge me $200 extra for picking it up a whole two hours early. Insanity. Never renting from Avis/Budget again, the LPs be damned!
Old May 8, 2024, 7:55 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Avis has become horrible. Rented from them in ORD recently - I was "excited" given I had President's Club through AA. I end up getting to ORD earlier on a standby flight and check in on the app where it says my car is ready - this was 2 hours before the original reservation time. Blissfully unaware that Avis was going to charge me $200 extra for picking it up a whole two hours early. Insanity. Never renting from Avis/Budget again, the LPs be damned!
What were your original pickup and return times? Note that if, for example, you were scheduled to pick up at noon and return at noon, but you then showed up at 10am for your pickup, it makes sense that you’d be charged for an additional day (or often 2/3 of a day’s charge). This is not an “Avis” thing—it’s how it works with every rental company.

if you want to pay the rate you originally booked at, you probably just need to return by the same time you picked it up—or at least within the standard 29-minute grace period.
Old May 8, 2024, 8:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP
On a recent reservation through the AA portal with Avis, I noticed that the AWD number was not attached to the reservation once I pulled it into my Avis account (by searching the Confirmation number AA gave me); so I added the AA AWD number and it knocked off a few bucks. But while in there doing that, I noticed a number called the ARC / IATA which is evidently like the Travel Agent's identifier, which should point back to AA in this case.

My question is, can I simply book my reservation in Avis itself, and add that ARC / IATA number to the reservation manually, to get the 10x bonus that I get by using the Executive card and booking through AA's portal?

Can I skip the portal by simply adding that number to my reservation, and get the same benefit? It will let me add that number in that field (ARC / IATA) though it says "for Travel Agent use only". It would simplify things, because when I book through the portal, it doesn't always pull everything through into my Avis account, and I never use any of the other vendors available on the portal.
Old May 8, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeFT
On a recent reservation through the AA portal with Avis, I noticed that the AWD number was not attached to the reservation once I pulled it into my Avis account (by searching the Confirmation number AA gave me); so I added the AA AWD number and it knocked off a few bucks. But while in there doing that, I noticed a number called the ARC / IATA which is evidently like the Travel Agent's identifier, which should point back to AA in this case.

My question is, can I simply book my reservation in Avis itself, and add that ARC / IATA number to the reservation manually, to get the 10x bonus that I get by using the Executive card and booking through AA's portal?

Can I skip the portal by simply adding that number to my reservation, and get the same benefit? It will let me add that number in that field (ARC / IATA) though it says "for Travel Agent use only". It would simplify things, because when I book through the portal, it doesn't always pull everything through into my Avis account, and I never use any of the other vendors available on the portal.
I don't know the answer to your question, but might be worth giving it a shot for the data point.

As an aside, for the few searches I've performed on https://www.aa.com/car, the rates are not even competitive. I just did a search for an upcoming 3 day full size rental in ATL with AVIS:

My company's travel portal - $182.20
Avis Direct Pay Now: $164.97, Pay Later $245.97
Avis Direct, Logged in with my account: $186.62
American Airlines - $330.00

The 10x on the Executive card would be nice, but not that nice.
mikeFT likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Email them and ask for them to refund the excess charges as a courtesy.

Originally Posted by mikeFT

You need to book on the AA website to get the 10x RDM from Citi.
Booking through Avis directly gets the mileage / LP credit (credit to the airline program rather than Avis, which is found during checkout near the bottom of one of the pages) but not the Citi RDM bonus.
If booking direct with Avis you do not need to use AA's AWD number, IME.
The prices are always substantially lower by going direct to Avis than through AA's portal.
GNRMatt and mikeFT like this.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat. Pro.
Avis Car Rental - LP Earnings

I had an Avis rental from 6/21-6/23; I credit my rentals to earn LPs instead of Avis points, and was wondering about datapoints on how soon should I expect to see the LPs credit to my account?
Old Jul 4, 2024, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
You will earn LPs if and when the AAdvantage miles from your rental post to your AAdvantage account. Did you rent from an airport location? If so, I would give it 30 days and then submit a missing-miles claim through Avis (not through AA) if the miles from the rental have not yet posted.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
You will earn LPs if and when the AAdvantage miles from your rental post to your AAdvantage account. Did you rent from an airport location? If so, I would give it 30 days and then submit a missing-miles claim through Avis (not through AA) if the miles from the rental have not yet posted.
Yep, I rented from an airport. 30 days is a surprisingly long time, but c'est la vie.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I find Avis to batch upload once a week.
Old Jul 5, 2024, 4:48 am

It’s been about 2 weeks for me. I would just log in to Avis and ensure there is a receipt. Every once in a while I don’t have one and need to call Avis. But other than that never had an issue.
Old Jul 5, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: AA
I haven't specifically noted how many days it took between rental and LP's posting, but I feel like there's an appreciable lag. Like easily 2-3 weeks maybe?
Old Jul 5, 2024, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by flyrsphl27
It’s been about 2 weeks for me. I would just log in to Avis and ensure there is a receipt. Every once in a while I don’t have one and need to call Avis. But other than that never had an issue.
Good to know; I've confirmed multiple times that I have a receipt, so I'll sit and twiddle my thumbs for at least a few more days, since the two week mark is this weekend, and it's a holiday weekend anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.