Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis - AA Mile/LP Earning

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
I've heard nothing good about Avis and their crappy old cars. National is a great rental car company.
Not an Avis defender, but I can say their cars are getting better. It seems they are putting more cars they actually bought new vs used cars on the lots, and as a mere Avis Preferred Plus I'm usually offered upgrades through the Avis app to big SUVs and cars I don't need (I am car free and rent mostly on weekends to run errands).
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:23 am

Hey folks, I found this out bad when my last rental posted! Still looking at the current options, Avis/Budget are still the best option for earning rental car miles on your AAdvantage account unless another rental car company is offering a very generous promotion.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...tners/cars.jsp
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dgp4216
My points generally post from Avis in roughly 1-2 weeks… it used to be right at a week on the dot but recently it’s been a little more variable
I switched to Mileage Plus for crediting Avis rentals and not only do you get more miles (basically the old earning structure with American) and they credit it 1 to 2 days instead of 1 to 2 weeks. On the negative side the frequent flyer surcharge is like a $1 more per rental.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Book directly with Avis (and Budget?)

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
Do I need to book through AA to get the miles or just add my FFN to my reservation?
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You don't need to book through AA, you can book directly with Avis or with your corporate TA, etc. Just make sure your AA# is attached to your Avis profile and the account is set to earn FF miles.
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
Hey folks, I found this out bad when my last rental posted! Still looking at the current options, Avis/Budget are still the best option for earning rental car miles on your AAdvantage account unless another rental car company is offering a very generous promotion.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...tners/cars.jsp
Just sharing a tip in case it helps others, after a bit of frustration I experienced last night -- don't use the "book now" link at the AA site above, but go directly to Avis.com instead. The Avis site has a better user interface along with important details that are missing from the AA site (such as, what is the cancellation policy for this reservation?). Just be sure to add both your AA number under "frequent flyer" program AND the applicable discount code advertised on AA.com, which is ***currently**** K817100, as indicated at the link above.

EDITED TO ADD: be sure to check the AA promo link above for the current version of the code
SFflyer20 likes this.

Last edited by ZenFlyer; Dec 22, 2022 at 8:40 am Reason: updated info
Old Dec 15, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
how are the base pts calculated-is this just the car charge without the tax? if you take the insurance or fuel options do they become part of the mile calc or not?
thanks
Old Dec 21, 2022, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Just sharing a tip in case it helps others, after a bit of frustration I experienced last night -- don't use the "book now" link at the AA site above, but go directly to Avis.com instead. The Avis site has a better user interface along with important details that are missing from the AA site (such as, what is the cancellation policy for this reservation?). Just be sure to add both your AA number under "frequent flyer" program AND the applicable discount code advertised on AA.com, which is currently K877100, as indicated at the link above.
isnt the discount code K817100? not K877?

also,will i still get the miles if I book in pounds on the uk site for us travel when I visit in a few weeks?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
isnt the discount code K817100? not K877?
I can't tell in retrospect whether the code has changed since my prior post or if I mistyped it but you should use whatever code is currently showing at the link I posted, that was my source of information.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
I can't tell in retrospect whether the code has changed since my prior post or if I mistyped it but you should use whatever code is currently showing at the link I posted, that was my source of information.
There's no reason to use the Avis/AA code unless it offers a better rate than you can get with other Avis codes which you are entitled to use. I've earned AAdvantage miles from Avis using both the AARP code (which comes with certain insurance benefits at participating U.S. locations), and my alma mater's Avis "leisure" code, which alumni are entitled to use.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
how are the base pts calculated-is this just the car charge without the tax? if you take the insurance or fuel options do they become part of the mile calc or not?
thanks
I have this exact question.

Just had a 29 day rental post just under 1600 miles, and a 30 day rental just over 1600 miles.

The thing is: charges for the 30-day were about half what they were for the 29-day, but earnings were very close to identical. And in any case, neither are anywhere close to what 5x per USD spent should have earned.

I can't figure out what $ amount they use to calculate the earnings, and when I wrote to AA about the discrepancy, they told me to contact Avis, without even providing an e-mail address for that purpose.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:34 pm

its very hard to work out how this is calculated.. i had one which calculated exactly without the tax and insurance etc.. (base rate)so maybe that is it-but others didnt seem to match

take that back-doesnt seem to match for any of them-is approx 2.38 time the base rate ..when I should be getting 5..only thing i can think is this was already inc cdw so that doesnt get added?either way very annoying
Earn 5 base miles per dollar spent – AAdvantage Platinum Pro®, AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member

Last edited by bryanwallace; Jul 31, 2023 at 11:53 pm Reason: corrected
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:30 am

does anyone know the mail address to contact to receive missing miles? this is for a rental car and i recvd miles but not given at the correct x5 amount for executive platinum ..have been contacting
[email protected] with little response and now none.. was told originally by aa that it was an avis issue,but when i contacted avis they said miles were posted the amount is decided by aa.. so was sent back to them but now they are not responding.. the online form doesnt work for these cases it seems..
thanks
Old Aug 31, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You don't need to book through AA, you can book directly with Avis or with your corporate TA, etc. Just make sure your AA# is attached to your Avis profile and the account is set to earn FF miles.
Dumb question, how long do the miles typically take to post to my AA account? I have a rental for the upcoming long weekend that I paying for, while redeeming AA miles.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Pretty ignorant on earning rental car airline miles.
-I booked a rental through AA cars for New Zealand. I noticed NZ isn’t on the earning list countries - will I still earn?
-Is the 5x miles per dollar spend for EXP what I’d also earn for LPs? It’s a one way rental around $1300 so it would be a decent amount of LPs

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Duke777
Pretty ignorant on earning rental car airline miles.
-I booked a rental through AA cars for New Zealand. I noticed NZ isn’t on the earning list countries - will I still earn?
-Is the 5x miles per dollar spend for EXP what I’d also earn for LPs? It’s a one way rental around $1300 so it would be a decent amount of LPs

Thanks!
While this is not dispositive, I do see that AAdvantage is one of the FFPs offered on the drop-down menu for mileage earning at the Avis New Zealand website:

Note, also, the surcharge for paying with credit/debit cards.
Duke777 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
How long does it typically take for miles and LP from Avis to post to AA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.