FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Earn 2 AAdvantage Miles/gallon @ Shell (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2059697-earn-2-aadvantage-miles-gallon-shell.html)

UAPremierGuy Nov 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Earn 2 AAdvantage Miles/gallon @ Shell

Just got an email that you can earn 2 AAdvantage Miles per gallon (not per dollar, apparently) at Shell by linking your Fuel Rewards account with your AAdvantage account. Signed up as anything is better than nothing, but I can't imagine this really does much to incentivize spend.

enpremiere Nov 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Jet A1 doesn't get 2 miles to the gallon :(

MASTERNC Nov 23, 2021 7:20 am

You have a choice of 2 AA miles or 3-5 cents off per gallon (plus more with promotions). BP did this with United at one time but they discontinued the miles option after a couple of years.

355F1 Nov 23, 2021 9:21 am

Originally Posted by MASTERNC (Post 33752438)
You have a choice of 2 AA miles or 3-5 cents off per gallon (plus more with promotions). BP did this with United at one time but they discontinued the miles option after a couple of years.

Oh geez.,...give me the 3 cents off please.

dw Nov 23, 2021 9:38 am

Not really worth it compared to the Fuel Rewards 3 cent/5 cent a gallon savings... but perhaps the more important question is... will these count as Loyalty Points next year? ;-)

kyleclogan Nov 23, 2021 11:41 am

Originally Posted by dw (Post 33752768)
Not really worth it compared to the Fuel Rewards 3 cent/5 cent a gallon savings... but perhaps the more important question is... will these count as Loyalty Points next year? ;-)

The newest version of MS: venture to your local truck stop and offer to pay for gas if they will Venmo you. Next stop, Ex Plat (no SWUs though)

_kurt Nov 23, 2021 11:46 am

Originally Posted by kyleclogan (Post 33753165)
The newest version of MS: venture to your local truck stop and offer to pay for gas if they will Venmo you. Next stop, Ex Plat (no SWUs though)

I know you were joking but for a while this was a popular way to cash out stolen credit cards. Multiple transactions in a row at the same station will probably hit fraud triggers pretty quickly.

kyleclogan Nov 23, 2021 11:51 am

Originally Posted by _kurt (Post 33753185)
I know you were joking but for a while this was a popular way to cash out stolen credit cards. Multiple transactions in a row at the same station will probably hit fraud triggers pretty quickly.

Interesting. I am quite new to the points/miles game, and have not dabbled in the MS area. Always fascinating hearing the stories of old, seems like the Wild West