Earn 2 AAdvantage Miles/gallon @ Shell

Old Nov 22, 21, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Globalist, UA/HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Earn 2 AAdvantage Miles/gallon @ Shell

Just got an email that you can earn 2 AAdvantage Miles per gallon (not per dollar, apparently) at Shell by linking your Fuel Rewards account with your AAdvantage account. Signed up as anything is better than nothing, but I can't imagine this really does much to incentivize spend.
Old Nov 22, 21, 6:30 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Jet A1 doesn't get 2 miles to the gallon
Old Nov 23, 21, 7:20 am

You have a choice of 2 AA miles or 3-5 cents off per gallon (plus more with promotions). BP did this with United at one time but they discontinued the miles option after a couple of years.
Old Nov 23, 21, 9:21 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by MASTERNC View Post
You have a choice of 2 AA miles or 3-5 cents off per gallon (plus more with promotions). BP did this with United at one time but they discontinued the miles option after a couple of years.
Oh geez.,...give me the 3 cents off please.
Old Nov 23, 21, 9:38 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond
Not really worth it compared to the Fuel Rewards 3 cent/5 cent a gallon savings... but perhaps the more important question is... will these count as Loyalty Points next year? ;-)
Old Nov 23, 21, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by dw View Post
Not really worth it compared to the Fuel Rewards 3 cent/5 cent a gallon savings... but perhaps the more important question is... will these count as Loyalty Points next year? ;-)
The newest version of MS: venture to your local truck stop and offer to pay for gas if they will Venmo you. Next stop, Ex Plat (no SWUs though)
Old Nov 23, 21, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by kyleclogan View Post
The newest version of MS: venture to your local truck stop and offer to pay for gas if they will Venmo you. Next stop, Ex Plat (no SWUs though)
I know you were joking but for a while this was a popular way to cash out stolen credit cards. Multiple transactions in a row at the same station will probably hit fraud triggers pretty quickly.
Old Nov 23, 21, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by _kurt View Post
I know you were joking but for a while this was a popular way to cash out stolen credit cards. Multiple transactions in a row at the same station will probably hit fraud triggers pretty quickly.
Interesting. I am quite new to the points/miles game, and have not dabbled in the MS area. Always fascinating hearing the stories of old, seems like the Wild West

Search this Thread