FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   777-200 Lavatory (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2033319-777-200-lavatory.html)

more777sneeded Jan 29, 2021 11:56 am

777-200 Lavatory

We’re flying AA7 DFW-OGG first class on the 777-200 in March. My husband is disabled and will sometimes need assistance in the restroom. I know there’s an accessible restroom but I want to confirm where so we can sit accordingly. Is the larger lavatory between 5A and 7A?

gateH15 Jan 29, 2021 12:10 pm

There is a larger lavatory between 2 biz cabins on the A side. There is a sliding door and plenty of space

Antarius Jan 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Second @gateH15. This one.

7A and 7D are the most convienient.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f9a72f4f58.png

fly747first Jan 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by more777sneeded (Post 33003082)
We’re flying AA7 DFW-OGG first class on the 777-200 in March. My husband is disabled and will sometimes need assistance in the restroom. I know there’s an accessible restroom but I want to confirm where so we can sit accordingly. Is the larger lavatory between 5A and 7A?

Note that AA has sometimes sent the 77W to Hawaii and on this aircraft, the accessible lavatory is actually on the right side. If you need to go in the lavatory with your husband, try to give the flight attendants advance notice... last year, a couple almost got arrested for going into the lavatory together after they decided to practice the horizonal mambo onboard and the crew had no patience for such behavior.

mvoight Jan 30, 2021 8:20 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 33003237)
Note that AA has sometimes sent the 77W to Hawaii and on this aircraft, the accessible lavatory is actually on the right side. If you need to go in the lavatory with your husband, try to give the flight attendants advance notice... last year, a couple almost got arrested for going into the lavatory together after they decided to practice the horizonal mambo onboard and the crew had no patience for such behavior.

What was the crime? I am not aware of any federal law against 2 people in a restroom at the same time.
How did the FA know one of them wasn't assisting the other? Do we now have to request permission from the FA before going to the lav together?

757FO Jan 30, 2021 9:38 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 33003237)

It will be very obvious that you are assisting your husband. No need to notify a flight attendant. Have a safe and wonderful trip.

enviroian Jan 30, 2021 9:54 am

For what it's worth I was in 7J on a 77W over Christmas and explicitly remember the extra large lav being on the J side just a few rows up from me.

FlyerBeek Jan 30, 2021 9:57 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 33004821)
For what it's worth I was in 7J on a 77W over Christmas and explicitly remember the extra large lav being on the J side just a few rows up from me.

That’s correct on the 777-300 (77W). But, per the OP’s question, on the 777-200 the larger lav is definitely on the A side.

-FlyerBeek

fly747first Jan 30, 2021 10:22 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 33004673)
What was the crime? I am not aware of any federal law against 2 people in a restroom at the same time.
How did the FA know one of them wasn't assisting the other? Do we now have to request permission from the FA before going to the lav together?

I'm not aware of any airline allowing sexual activities in lavatories and that couple was quite loud so...

mvoight Feb 3, 2021 9:58 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 33004871)
I'm not aware of any airline allowing sexual activities in lavatories and that couple was quite loud so...

I was referring to 2 people simply going into the lav together do not require the permission of a flight attendant.
If I am assisting someone who needs to be assisted in a lav, I certainly don't feel the need to ask an FA.
".If you need to go in the lavatory with your husband, try to give the flight attendants advance notice.."

imagineertobe Dec 25, 2022 9:26 am

Does anyone know which lav is accessible in the F cabin on the 77W? Thanks for your help so far!

Madison Guy Dec 25, 2022 11:22 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 33013708)
I was referring to 2 people simply going into the lav together do not require the permission of a flight attendant.
If I am assisting someone who needs to be assisted in a lav, I certainly don't feel the need to ask an FA.
".If you need to go in the lavatory with your husband, try to give the flight attendants advance notice.."

I recall a time when assisting my elderly mother to the lavatory and waiting outside for her to finish (she was legally blind and couldn't see the lock – so the door was open - and often had trouble finding the flush button), an FA scolded me for "loitering" in the area. (I had previously explained the situation in full to the FA in our area, but she was in the galley at the time.) The FA was rude and threatening, but fortunately before I could even respond the FA I had previously spoken with ran over and told her to back down. Some FAs have no business being in the position, but they, IME, are in the minority. (btw – no apology or anything from the overzealous FA.)

Madison Guy Dec 25, 2022 11:23 am

Originally Posted by imagineertobe (Post 34862997)
Does anyone know which lav is accessible in the F cabin on the 77W? Thanks for your help so far!

Neither in first. The accessible one is on the right side betwenn the two business cabins. (Behind 4J)

imagineertobe Dec 25, 2022 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Madison Guy (Post 34863217)
Neither in first. The accessible one is on the right side betwenn the two business cabins. (Behind 4J)

Gotcha, thanks!

Genius1 Dec 25, 2022 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by imagineertobe (Post 34862997)

AeroLOPA is the best website for this: https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-773