Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

777-200 Lavatory

777-200 Lavatory

Old Jan 29, 21, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

777-200 Lavatory

We’re flying AA7 DFW-OGG first class on the 777-200 in March. My husband is disabled and will sometimes need assistance in the restroom. I know there’s an accessible restroom but I want to confirm where so we can sit accordingly. Is the larger lavatory between 5A and 7A?
Old Jan 29, 21, 1:10 pm

There is a larger lavatory between 2 biz cabins on the A side. There is a sliding door and plenty of space
Old Jan 29, 21, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Second @gateH15. This one.

7A and 7D are the most convienient.

more777sneeded likes this.
Old Jan 29, 21, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by more777sneeded View Post
We’re flying AA7 DFW-OGG first class on the 777-200 in March. My husband is disabled and will sometimes need assistance in the restroom. I know there’s an accessible restroom but I want to confirm where so we can sit accordingly. Is the larger lavatory between 5A and 7A?
Note that AA has sometimes sent the 77W to Hawaii and on this aircraft, the accessible lavatory is actually on the right side. If you need to go in the lavatory with your husband, try to give the flight attendants advance notice... last year, a couple almost got arrested for going into the lavatory together after they decided to practice the horizonal mambo onboard and the crew had no patience for such behavior.
more777sneeded likes this.
Old Jan 30, 21, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Note that AA has sometimes sent the 77W to Hawaii and on this aircraft, the accessible lavatory is actually on the right side. If you need to go in the lavatory with your husband, try to give the flight attendants advance notice... last year, a couple almost got arrested for going into the lavatory together after they decided to practice the horizonal mambo onboard and the crew had no patience for such behavior.
What was the crime? I am not aware of any federal law against 2 people in a restroom at the same time.
How did the FA know one of them wasn't assisting the other? Do we now have to request permission from the FA before going to the lav together?
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 21, 10:38 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
It will be very obvious that you are assisting your husband. No need to notify a flight attendant. Have a safe and wonderful trip.
Old Jan 30, 21, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
For what it's worth I was in 7J on a 77W over Christmas and explicitly remember the extra large lav being on the J side just a few rows up from me.
Old Jan 30, 21, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
For what it's worth I was in 7J on a 77W over Christmas and explicitly remember the extra large lav being on the J side just a few rows up from me.
That’s correct on the 777-300 (77W). But, per the OP’s question, on the 777-200 the larger lav is definitely on the A side.

-FlyerBeek
enviroian and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 30, 21, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
What was the crime? I am not aware of any federal law against 2 people in a restroom at the same time.
How did the FA know one of them wasn't assisting the other? Do we now have to request permission from the FA before going to the lav together?
I'm not aware of any airline allowing sexual activities in lavatories and that couple was quite loud so...
Old Feb 3, 21, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I'm not aware of any airline allowing sexual activities in lavatories and that couple was quite loud so...
I was referring to 2 people simply going into the lav together do not require the permission of a flight attendant.
If I am assisting someone who needs to be assisted in a lav, I certainly don't feel the need to ask an FA.
".If you need to go in the lavatory with your husband, try to give the flight attendants advance notice.."

Last edited by mvoight; Feb 3, 21 at 11:39 am

Search this Thread