Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
American Airlines announced a new “strategic partnership” including codesharing on some routes in July 2020. In January 2021, several other enhancements to this partnership were announced, including:

”Important components of the alliance will be introduced starting in the first quarter of 2021 and phased in over the course of the year:

• Seamless customer experience
    With each element of the alliance, customers flying in and out of New York and Boston will enjoy a more seamless experience across both airlines, including the ability to book a single itinerary on either website, access to the alliance’s significant global network, convenient connections, access to loyalty benefits and an improved on-the-ground experience — resulting in a compelling proposition for both leisure and corporate customers.
  • Network alignment in the Northeast
    The alliance will offer customers the largest network in New York City and Boston, and it will enable new strategic growth opportunities for both airlines, accelerate the replacement of small regional jets with larger aircraft, while greatly expanding the connectivity between each carrier’s network in the Northeast. American will upgauge aircraft and by the end of 2021 will operate all service out of New York with first class. Starting in the first half of 2021, JetBlue and American schedules in New York and Boston will begin to be aligned to give customers new flight options, with improved schedules, better connections, competitive fares and access to more domestic and international destinations.
  • Expanded service in the Northeast
    As part of the alliance, JetBlue plans to significantly expand its service at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as further expand in other NYC airports and in Boston. The alliance will also allow JetBlue to reactivate aircraft that would otherwise sit idle. An expanded operation at LaGuardia further advances JetBlue’s position as New York’s Hometown Airline® and accelerates the airline’s ability to recover.

As previously announced, American is introducing brand new service on from New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv (TLV) and Athens (ATH). American’s loyal customers in New York will be introduced to their first long-haul international service in more than four years, with even more new routes on the way.
  • Codeshare agreement
    Starting later this quarter, JetBlue will place its B6 code on a variety of American flights in New York and Boston. Likewise, American will place its AA code on select JetBlue flights also in at New York’s John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International (EWR) airports, as well as Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). Flights touching New York or Boston from either JetBlue, American or connecting combinations of both will be bookable on jetblue.com and aa.com in the coming weeks. The codeshare will introduce JetBlue customers to more than 60 new routes operated by American and will introduce American’s customers to more than 130 new routes operated by JetBlue.
  • Reciprocal loyalty benefits
    Later this year, customers of both JetBlue’s TrueBlue and American’s AAdvantage® programs will be able to enjoy reciprocal benefits, including the ability to earn and/or redeem points or miles on either carrier making both loyalty program even more valuable. The airlines are also exploring opportunities to recognize JetBlue Mosaic customers and American’s AAdvantage elite members across both airlines. More details will be announced to loyalty program members later this year.“

Link to January 12, 2021, AA news release

As of Jan 31st, 2022 - Benefits typically do not show up when managing the booking and will show up when checking in online.

To receive elite benefits add your AAdvantage number at time of purchase, or contact JetBlue customer service to add it after purchase.

JetBlue Basic: AA elites still get free seat selection and a free bag on Blue Basic fares. All passengers are allowed to bring on board a personal item that fits under the seat. However you do not get to bring a free full size carry-on with Blue Basic except when you select an Even More Space seat.

AA Loyalty Points can take a week to post.

AA Link to Benefits page

Print Wikipost

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter
I have a domestic flight on JetBlue this Saturday. Upon checking my booking it still stays my baggage allowance is 0. I have AA Platinum. Will this eventually update or do I have to show an agent my status at the counter?
What is the listed charge on your e-ticket receipt for the first checked bag?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by guv1976
What is the listed charge on your e-ticket receipt for the first checked bag?
$35 for first checked bag
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$35 for first checked bag
Hmm. Do you also have a JetBlue True Blue account? Is it possible that your AAdvantage number did not "stick," and got replaced by your (non-elite) True Blue number?

If your AAdvantage number does appear in your PNR, then you should be able to check a bag for free, but you might have to see a JetBlue agent at the airport to do so.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA
AA Elites flying Blue Basic on B6

Anyone have experience as an executive platinum bringing carry on in blue basic? Flying tomorrow night.
I reached out to Jet Blue reservations - the agent had to call her support team. 20 minutes later she came back
and said I would receive the same benefits as mosaic and would be allowed to. My boarding pass says "no carry on".
Also, my boarding group is listed as "AAELTE".
Thanks for any insight.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by TaiwanIndependence
Anyone have experience as an executive platinum bringing carry on in blue basic? Flying tomorrow night.
I reached out to Jet Blue reservations - the agent had to call her support team. 20 minutes later she came back
and said I would receive the same benefits as mosaic and would be allowed to. My boarding pass says "no carry on".
Thanks for any insight.
Mosaic members get a carryon, but I have no personal knowledge if AA Elites do
I would hope they do
As a valued Mosaic member, you (and other eligible travelers completing the same itinerary) will still get the first 2 checked bags for free, a carry-on bag and enjoy early boarding with all fares, including Blue Basic. You’ll also still enjoy your free inflight drink perks.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Interesting, an ExPlat flying on a Basic Economy fare. And you wonder why AA just switched to Loyalty Points. Everyone thinks all Elites don't care about fares (usually because the companies they work for or are related to, pay for them), but we do care, specially the ones that fly on our own dime. And this is why getting AA ExPlat and the entire new AAdvantage Loyalty Program (use to be Frequent Flyer Program) is back to being FUN AGAIN!!!!!!!

I always try to buy the cheapest non basic economy fare as a 1K with UA, but looking now at transitioning to AA ExPlat, I would also be considering basic economy fares and sometimes look at bringing a carry on to the flight (like the OP), for which, of course, I would try to avoid paying for ... and that includes getting an isle or a window too, if not an upgrade.
Hoi polloi likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TaiwanIndependence
Thanks for any insight.
Please let us know how it works out. I've been curious about this as well
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:13 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The previous thread on AA elite benefits on jetBlue basic fares said that you will get 2 free checked bags and no carry-on (they will force you to check it). AAELTE does not get you the same benefits as Mosaic.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphuang
Mosaic program change
JetBlue Makes its Award-Winning TrueBlue Loyalty Program More Rewarding in 2022 with All-New Benefits for Mosaic Members
I'm pretty convinced this will lead to EXP/CK being able to use SWUs on mint flights and platinum/higher getting essentially free EMS upgrades.
Appears there isn't any change yet on the EMS front for AA flyers from what I can tell.

Just booked my first B6 redemption through AA (hello nonstop!). But no luck on selecting an EMS seat
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
Appears there isn't any change yet on the EMS front for AA flyers from what I can tell.

Just booked my first B6 redemption through AA (hello nonstop!). But no luck on selecting an EMS seat
You might have better luck during online check-in. If not, ask at the airport -- both at the ticket counter, and at the gate (if necessary). The data points about AAdvantage elites getting or not getting EMS seats are all over the map.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might have better luck during online check-in. If not, ask at the airport -- both at the ticket counter, and at the gate (if necessary). The data points about AAdvantage elites getting or not getting EMS seats are all over the map.
Thanks. Will give it a shot and report back.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Just flew JetBlue a few days ago as an EXP. When I booked, the JetBlue site wouldn't take my Advantage number, so I added it via text chat (which is very good). At the airport, I checked in at the counter and they didn't charge for bags and upgraded us to emergency row seats which normally would have been $100 each. Upgrading isn't available in advance. The boarding pass said AAElite which also gave us priority boarding and presumably security, though we have TSA Pre.

It's a great partnership as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Hmm. Do you also have a JetBlue True Blue account? Is it possible that your AAdvantage number did not "stick," and got replaced by your (non-elite) True Blue number?

If your AAdvantage number does appear in your PNR, then you should be able to check a bag for free, but you might have to see a JetBlue agent at the airport to do so.
The free bags showed up when I checked in online.
guv1976 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:07 pm

Another data point regarding flight credit times.

Flight posted from Jetblue to AA in 3 days. (Flight was on Sat, saw miles posted today)
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Another data point regarding flight credit times.

Flight posted from Jetblue to AA in 3 days. (Flight was on Sat, saw miles posted today)
Probably because of the weekend. My two flights both posted the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.