Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
American Airlines announced a new “strategic partnership” including codesharing on some routes in July 2020. In January 2021, several other enhancements to this partnership were announced, including:

”Important components of the alliance will be introduced starting in the first quarter of 2021 and phased in over the course of the year:

• Seamless customer experience
    With each element of the alliance, customers flying in and out of New York and Boston will enjoy a more seamless experience across both airlines, including the ability to book a single itinerary on either website, access to the alliance’s significant global network, convenient connections, access to loyalty benefits and an improved on-the-ground experience — resulting in a compelling proposition for both leisure and corporate customers.
  • Network alignment in the Northeast
    The alliance will offer customers the largest network in New York City and Boston, and it will enable new strategic growth opportunities for both airlines, accelerate the replacement of small regional jets with larger aircraft, while greatly expanding the connectivity between each carrier’s network in the Northeast. American will upgauge aircraft and by the end of 2021 will operate all service out of New York with first class. Starting in the first half of 2021, JetBlue and American schedules in New York and Boston will begin to be aligned to give customers new flight options, with improved schedules, better connections, competitive fares and access to more domestic and international destinations.
  • Expanded service in the Northeast
    As part of the alliance, JetBlue plans to significantly expand its service at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as further expand in other NYC airports and in Boston. The alliance will also allow JetBlue to reactivate aircraft that would otherwise sit idle. An expanded operation at LaGuardia further advances JetBlue’s position as New York’s Hometown Airline® and accelerates the airline’s ability to recover.

As previously announced, American is introducing brand new service on from New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv (TLV) and Athens (ATH). American’s loyal customers in New York will be introduced to their first long-haul international service in more than four years, with even more new routes on the way.
  • Codeshare agreement
    Starting later this quarter, JetBlue will place its B6 code on a variety of American flights in New York and Boston. Likewise, American will place its AA code on select JetBlue flights also in at New York’s John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International (EWR) airports, as well as Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). Flights touching New York or Boston from either JetBlue, American or connecting combinations of both will be bookable on jetblue.com and aa.com in the coming weeks. The codeshare will introduce JetBlue customers to more than 60 new routes operated by American and will introduce American’s customers to more than 130 new routes operated by JetBlue.
  • Reciprocal loyalty benefits
    Later this year, customers of both JetBlue’s TrueBlue and American’s AAdvantage® programs will be able to enjoy reciprocal benefits, including the ability to earn and/or redeem points or miles on either carrier making both loyalty program even more valuable. The airlines are also exploring opportunities to recognize JetBlue Mosaic customers and American’s AAdvantage elite members across both airlines. More details will be announced to loyalty program members later this year.“

Link to January 12, 2021, AA news release

As of Jan 31st, 2022 - Benefits typically do not show up when managing the booking and will show up when checking in online.

To receive elite benefits add your AAdvantage number at time of purchase, or contact JetBlue customer service to add it after purchase.

JetBlue Basic: AA elites still get free seat selection and a free bag on Blue Basic fares. All passengers are allowed to bring on board a personal item that fits under the seat. However you do not get to bring a free full size carry-on with Blue Basic except when you select an Even More Space seat.

AA Loyalty Points can take a week to post.

AA Link to Benefits page

Print Wikipost

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Mosaics have to spend the points just to get them back later? I suppose that's one way of getting around their kludge of an IT system.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 7:02 am

guessing that purchasing up to an "even more space" seat will not add loyalty points.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:52 am

Unless they're eliminating the benefit that everyone gets, paying for even more space with cash should still result in a 200 point bonus.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:14 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by diburning
Unless they're eliminating the benefit that everyone gets, paying for even more space with cash should still result in a 200 point bonus.
My interpretation was that this only applies to TrueBlue members — EMS gets 200 TrueBlue points after flight.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:03 pm

Yes but Mosaics would be getting the seat for free (and netting zero points) whereas non-Mosaics would earn points for spending the money. The system is very broken right now (and perhaps might have been set up incorrectly as well). If I get comped EMS, I still get the 200 points when the system is working. When the system is not working, then even paid EMS sometimes doesn’t credit automatically.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
My reference data on flights I took during Thanksgiving weekend. For those non-U.S. FTers, U.S. Thanksgiving this year was Nov. 25.

B6 purchased ticket, B6 flight number, B6 operated flight.
-Miles posted in two days

B6 purchased ticket, B6 flight number, AA operated flight.
-Miles not posted yet. Made mile request via AA.com. E-mail from AA verifying my mile request, e-mail had correct B6 flight number, AA operated flight I have requested, and e-mail said "Pending."
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Now AAdvantage Customer Service sent me an e-mail asking for a copy of the ticket receipt(s) and a copy of the boarding pass(es). Glad I do have those.

What happens on a rare occasion like this AAdvantage asking for a copy of the boarding pass, but if I used the boarding pass from AA App and do not have an original or a copy?
Two weeks ago I emailed a copy of ticket receipt and the boarding pass. No mileage credit yet.

I called AAdvantage Customer Service. Said the mileage request was rejected (I did not receive any emails form AAdvantage of that decision) because jetBlue said they could not locate my record on the flight I requested.

The AAdvantage rep told me to send a copy of a boarding pass, I told the rep I received the request two weeks ago and have sent a copy of reciepts and a copy of boarding pass. The rep put me on hold, long hold like +10 min. Then told me that they verified the documents received. They have resubmited the request to jetBlue again. I asked since the flight was AA operated flight, can they verify by themselves that I was on the flight? The rep said yes, they can see that I took that flight, the boarding pass has all the information including "Sold As B6 ****." But since the ticket was issued by jetBlue and ticket sold as jetBlue flight number AAdvantage needs a confirmaiton from jetBlue before they can credit me for the flight.

Now wait and see again, and I do not have a good feeling about this. jetBlue already told AA that they cannot find the record of me on that flight once, why this time will be any different?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:30 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Just adding a point of good news. Flew B6 on 12/26, bought on B6 as a B6 flight. Added my AA # later to reservation. Status showed up (boarded with Mosaics, free baggage was offered) and today miles, EQMs, etc showed up in AA account for outbound. Thankfully no issues as pushed me back over status for the year.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by footballfanatic
guessing that purchasing up to an "even more space" seat will not add loyalty points.
bump, any thoughts?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:05 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
bump, any thoughts?

so is it an inflight upgrade like a paid drink or a fare basis upgrade?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by EdV
Just adding a point of good news. Flew B6 on 12/26, bought on B6 as a B6 flight. Added my AA # later to reservation. Status showed up (boarded with Mosaics, free baggage was offered) and today miles, EQMs, etc showed up in AA account for outbound. Thankfully no issues as pushed me back over status for the year.
Flew Mint on a B6 ticket on the 24th and still nothing in my account. Luckily my status is good through 2023 or I would be a bit stressed about this. JetBlue’s IT systems seem to be terrible
Tack likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
I purchased a SJO-LAX-SJO ticket on B6 for me and Mrs. Imissthe747 and input our AA numbers to accrue credit on AA. I opened the reservation in the B6 app and inadvertently linked it to my B6 account and B6 number. On checkin for SJO-LAX I asked the agent to remove my B6 number and re-add My AA number, which she allegedly did.

Several days later the SJO-LAX leg has credited to my B6 account, not my AA account.

Any tips on how I can have this leg retroactively credited to AA as I wished from the start?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I have had the same issue. I spoke with an agent, and she said that when you make reservations on JetBlue website or app, you must make sure you are LOGGED OUT OF TRUE BLUE. Otherwise, it will auto-populate your B6 number, even if you try to add your AA number. I have had flights incorrectly posted to my B6 account. Too late to do anything about it at this point.

It is clear that the B6 system really wants to credit B6 metal flights to TrueBlue. The only way to avoid it is to call, ask them to manually remove your TrueBlue number and add your AA number, and then DON'T TOUCH the reservation while logged in to TrueBlue on the same device.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
so is it an inflight upgrade like a paid drink or a fare basis upgrade?
probably the former and this not likely to impact LP. EMS seats don’t seem to impact fare basis at all and can be purchased after the fact too, so not seemingly a fare class or class of service. That said, I think it might help with mosaic status but not sure. So still worthy of discussion!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sorry if this is answered up-thread. I'm eyeing a mixed booking on the JetBlue site to/from London. The outbound is on AA in economy, and the return is on B6 in Mint. I believe I should be able to go to the AA site to select a seat. However, my question is will I be able to apply a seat upgrade coupon that I have in my account to that AA leg? And will I be eligible for other upgrade offers as if I had booked directly thru AA?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
I have a domestic flight on JetBlue this Saturday. Upon checking my booking it still stays my baggage allowance is 0. I have AA Platinum. Will this eventually update or do I have to show an agent my status at the counter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.