FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2018806-admirals-club-lounges-openings-closures-etc-2021-2022-a.html)

chrisny2 May 2, 2022 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr70 (Post 34215582)
Unfortunately, no. Your business class flight to the Bahamas is not qualifying for access to the AC.

I would think it does:
"For a limited time: Starting April 1, 2021, qualifying international flights will include flights between the U.S. and Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico." https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp
and AA certainly lists ELH as a Caribbean destination. See, for example https://www.aa.com/en-us/flights-to-caribbean

LovePrunes May 2, 2022 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by slyspyder (Post 34215554)
We don't typically fly AA so I don't have experience with AC rules so am coming here for help. After help from this forum groups, we made the decision to book a flight that connects through CLT and I can't seem to figure out whether we will have AC access or not.

STL-CLT- ELH (bahamas) booked via AA.com
First STL-CLT and Business CLT-ELH. CLT-ELH leg says operated by PSA airlines as American Eagle.

We have a super early flight and about a 3 hour layover so would love a more comfortable place to hang out. Appreciate your help interpreting the AA rules.

Originally Posted by trvlr70 (Post 34215582)
Unfortunately, no. Your business class flight to the Bahamas is not qualifying for access to the AC.

did this go away? Is Bahamas not "Caribbean" enough to qualify?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp

Qualifying First and Business

Includes customers in First or Business on a qualifying departing or arriving international, transcontinental or other domestic flight marketed and operated by American, a oneworld® airline or marketed by JetBlue and operated by American.

For a limited time: Starting April 1, 2021, qualifying international flights will include flights between the U.S. and Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico.

fastflyer May 6, 2022 11:54 am

Originally Posted by fastflyer (Post 33723150)
Possibly disappointing news to Kansas City area AA customers:

Delta has finalized the concession (with the city of KC) for the entire third-floor lounge space in the new MCI terminal, remote concourse. The original design had two lounges in that space, but it now appears it will be one, large (11,000 sqft) SkyClub.

While there may still be some restaurant space in the main terminal building that could be re-purposed as an Admirals Club, the lack of clarity from AA about their future at this airport is not encouraging.

With AA code-sharing AS nonstops to SEA and PDX, plus mainline flights to LAX, MIA and LGA, AA appeared at first to try to compete with DL at MCI. There had been rumors of BA to LHR also. Kansas City is one of the largest US markets without service to London. The lack of a lounge offering however indicates resignation to second-class status for the forseeable future.

Well, I may have spoken too soon...

The Aviation Department of the City of Kansas City released some change requests in its end-of-Q1 (2022) report, which includes the following announcement:
  • Design of additional lounge or retail shell space on the north end of Concourse A (use of Project Contingency)
American Airlines will be the legacy carrier in Concourse A (Delta and United are slotted for Concourse B). Perhaps we will see a return of the Admirals Club after all.

LovePrunes May 7, 2022 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by fastflyer (Post 34226999)
Well, I may have spoken too soon...

The Aviation Department of the City of Kansas City released some change requests in its end-of-Q1 (2022) report, which includes the following announcement:
  • Design of additional lounge or retail shell space on the north end of Concourse A (use of Project Contingency)
American Airlines will be the legacy carrier in Concourse A (Delta and United are slotted for Concourse B). Perhaps we will see a return of the Admirals Club after all.

plus 3rd party lounge operators continue to expand: Escape, Amex, Capital One, Chase, "The Club" etc. AA could be doing an Admirals Club sometime, but it may be one of these other clubs too.
The existing MCI terminals are just sAAd. So cramped, ugly and inefficent. Will be happy to have that era be over, although I rarely have to fly to MCI.

US @ DEN Jun 3, 2022 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by US @ DEN (Post 33704550)
OK, AC DEN agent confirms the move and new club will be constructed on C…maybe BA will arrive on A and be towed to C for departures lounge? Maybe B6 also moves to C as well to have all partners together?

The agent was happy that bathrooms will be inside the new lounge - can we hope for a shower?

More details emerging for AA's DEN move and new AC from airliners thread on DEN aviation:

"Eventually C30,32,34,36,38 will be the gates that go to AA, and their club is still under construction between C30 and 32." -- Credit DEN1895

CMK10 Jun 5, 2022 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by US @ DEN (Post 34305383)
More details emerging for AA's DEN move and new AC from airliners thread on DEN aviation:

"Eventually C30,32,34,36,38 will be the gates that go to AA, and their club is still under construction between C30 and 32." -- Credit DEN1895

Funny to think how AA was in C for years, decades even, and had their AC over there and it'll be like that again.

Simon Schus Jun 7, 2022 5:44 pm

Hi all,

Any word in when CLT Concourse C is reopening?

CMK10 Jun 10, 2022 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus (Post 34316267)
Hi all,

Any word in when CLT Concourse C is reopening?

I asked an AC agent at the end of May who said the official word was the end of June but he was skeptical.

ZonaFlyer Jun 16, 2022 4:05 am

No A/C in the STL AC

Here's the food selection at STL yesterday around 1400. Labels were present but everything was empty. The only things to eat were the snack mix in the towers, 3 oranges, and 2 apples.

The ticket counter agent mentioned when we checked our bags that the air conditioner hadn't been working in the club but he thought it was fixed. When we walked in there were industrial fans blowing air and it was very warm. Outside temps were ~100 and humid but the rest of the terminal was comfy. About 20 minutes after we arrived, the fire alarm went off. The 15-20 people in the club just stared at each other. We left and in the C concourse security area the fire alarm strobes were flashing but no alarm and people were still coming through. Decided not to go back into the club since the lack of A/C and food made it rather pointless.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...32c8c206a3.jpg

Nuked Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm

Are the DFW AC's typically open on a holiday? Specifically the upcoming 4th of July. Will be travelling through there and trying to decide on how much layover time I have.

Thanks!

safari ari Jun 28, 2022 12:09 am

Originally Posted by US @ DEN (Post 34305383)

Glad they're staying near the middle of the C concourse, was "pleasured" with flying out of the new C gate extension this past weekend on WN (C62), while nice and open, once you get past the original gate blocks, the rest of the concourse is desolate of any restaurants, or any other concessions, I had to walk all the way back to the main atrium to grab a snack.

ikwia Jun 28, 2022 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Nuked (Post 34375225)
Are the DFW AC's typically open on a holiday? Specifically the upcoming 4th of July. Will be travelling through there and trying to decide on how much layover time I have.

Thanks!

Yes, definitely -- AC and FL are open on all holidays. The only difference in offerings I've noticed is that the exhibition station in the FL is closed on major holidays.

tomtaylor23 Jun 30, 2022 5:29 am

Any update on the new DCA lounge they were building?

enviroian Jul 3, 2022 10:05 am

TPA AC

What a pleasure it is sitting here right now. There are 5 people in the entire lounge. I'm contemplating moving to the area so this would be a nice retreat compared to chaos DFW AC's. The staff here are so friendly too.

I don't really know why AA put a club here but I'm glad they did!

ryanbriar Jul 3, 2022 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 34392665)
What a pleasure it is sitting here right now. There are 5 people in the entire lounge. I'm contemplating moving to the area so this would be a nice retreat compared to chaos DFW AC's. The staff here are so friendly too.

I don't really know why AA put a club here but I'm glad they did!

It may have been legacy US based on the furniture? Pre COVID, the TPA club would get stacked in the evenings with flights to all of the hubs plus the BA flight to London. I used to go through there weekly for work and the AAgents were great when weather rolled through, which was often.