FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA award flight on hold and release question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1987994-aa-award-flight-hold-release-question.html)

Louis Zhou Sep 19, 2019 9:46 am

AA award flight on hold and release question

So I put on hold an award fight reservation a week ago while waiting fro my Citi AA sign up bonus to post. Last night the on-hold reservation was released after 5 days and supposedly going to show up on the website again. I've been searching through the date I originally booked but nothing came out yet. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks!

ashill Sep 19, 2019 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Louis Zhou (Post 31542063)
Last night the on-hold reservation was released after 5 days and supposedly going to show up on the website again.

What do you mean? Do you mean that the inventory that you had on hold was supposedly going to be released for sale again? Because that’s not how revenue management works. It might be released for sale again, but it might not. There’s no way to know (unless you have access to AA’s proprietary revenue management algorithms and data). And if AA doesn't release the award inventory, there’s really nothing you can do, unfortunately.

IADCAflyer Sep 19, 2019 11:59 pm

There was apparently a glitch in award ticketing last Friday resulting in no awards getting processed. You need to call them to get them to get the award request removed from purgatory.

jridge Sep 20, 2019 1:05 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer (Post 31544218)
There was apparently a glitch in award ticketing last Friday resulting in no awards getting processed. You need to call them to get them to get the award request removed from purgatory.

It sounds like the OP never requested it to be processed but simply let the hold expire due to insufficient miles.

mvoight Sep 20, 2019 7:49 am

So I put on hold an award fight reservation a week ago while waiting fro my Citi AA sign up bonus to post. Last night the on-hold reservation was released after 5 days and supposedly going to show up on the website again. I've been searching through the date I originally booked but nothing came out yet. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks!

The only suggesting I can make is to book different dates, award class, or wait for what you want to show up again.
There is no guarantee if or when AA will make award seats available after a hold has expired or a booking has canceled. Availability is fluid.

SpammersAreScum Sep 20, 2019 4:13 pm

If you cancel a MileSAAver award, or let the hold on one expire, there is no guarantee that it will become available again. Also, it is possible that someone else claimed an award in between your expire and your re-search.