AA award flight on hold and release question

Old Sep 19, 19, 9:46 am
Original Poster

AA award flight on hold and release question

So I put on hold an award fight reservation a week ago while waiting fro my Citi AA sign up bonus to post. Last night the on-hold reservation was released after 5 days and supposedly going to show up on the website again. I've been searching through the date I originally booked but nothing came out yet. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 19, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
Originally Posted by Louis Zhou View Post
Last night the on-hold reservation was released after 5 days and supposedly going to show up on the website again.
What do you mean? Do you mean that the inventory that you had on hold was supposedly going to be released for sale again? Because that’s not how revenue management works. It might be released for sale again, but it might not. There’s no way to know (unless you have access to AA’s proprietary revenue management algorithms and data). And if AA doesn't release the award inventory, there’s really nothing you can do, unfortunately.
jridge likes this.
Old Sep 19, 19, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
There was apparently a glitch in award ticketing last Friday resulting in no awards getting processed. You need to call them to get them to get the award request removed from purgatory.
Old Sep 20, 19, 1:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
There was apparently a glitch in award ticketing last Friday resulting in no awards getting processed. You need to call them to get them to get the award request removed from purgatory.
It sounds like the OP never requested it to be processed but simply let the hold expire due to insufficient miles.
Old Sep 20, 19, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
So I put on hold an award fight reservation a week ago while waiting fro my Citi AA sign up bonus to post. Last night the on-hold reservation was released after 5 days and supposedly going to show up on the website again. I've been searching through the date I originally booked but nothing came out yet. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks!
The only suggesting I can make is to book different dates, award class, or wait for what you want to show up again.
There is no guarantee if or when AA will make award seats available after a hold has expired or a booking has canceled. Availability is fluid.
Old Sep 20, 19, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
If you cancel a MileSAAver award, or let the hold on one expire, there is no guarantee that it will become available again. Also, it is possible that someone else claimed an award in between your expire and your re-search.

Search this Thread