Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

due to weather, agent rebooked me to wrong airport 7900 miles away, should I fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

due to weather, agent rebooked me to wrong airport 7900 miles away, should I fly?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 747FC
Because he is not "A FlyerTalk Posting Legend"
I guess FT doesn't yet have a title for FT Non-Posting Legend.

With or without being flown, the OP's AA ticket reissuance(s) still makes for a legend to remember. Now only if someone else can replicate the legend.
747FC likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Another possibility is that the OP was busted somewhere in the process, itinerary cancelled before or during, brouhaha with AA may or may have not ensued, and the whole story is just too embarrassing or painful or upsetting or risky to inflame the situation for the OP to further discuss.

Last edited by nk15; Jul 28, 2019 at 7:58 am
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nk15
Another possibility is that the OP was busted somewhere in the process, itinerary cancelled before or during, brouhaha with AA may or may have not ensued, and the whole story is just to embarrassing or painful or upsetting or risky to inflame the situation for the OP to further discuss.
I think AA has many better things to do than to make a fuss over AA's own mistake being used, or entertained for use, by a ticketed passenger. Unless this were a pattern of behavior by the OP, I would be completely surprised if AA were to make it any sort of serious matter for the OP.
Spiff and moondog like this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by moondog
20 years ago -- when I first started following FT -- I would have been somewhat freaked out as well, but internet and mobile technology have both grown by an order of magnitude since, and we have all had 20 years to hone our research skills. What do you expect when you give a small army of airline geeks such a cornucopia of resources?
I, for one, was very impressed!
moondog likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I guess FT doesn't yet have a title for FT Non-Posting Legend.
A Fly(ertalk)-By?
747FC likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Has anyone messaged the OP?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:48 pm

If OP said a couple additional days off work were needed, that makes me think they may be in the middle of it all at the moment. Maybe something comes to light later this week.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:47 pm

I think AA has many better things to do than to make a fuss over AA's own mistake being used, or entertained for use, by a ticketed passenger. Unless this were a pattern of behavior by the OP, I would be completely surprised if AA were to make it any sort of serious matter for the OP.
It's still fraud.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
It's still fraud.
How is it legally fraud if the OP didn’t use false or otherwise deceptive pretenses to induce AA to reissue the ticket with a misleading destination?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
It's still fraud.
Hardly. In fact, I’d classify it as an inconvenience to the customer as the airline made an error.
belfordrocks likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Maybe it's not illegal or fraud, but it's unethical for the OP to take this trip, not to mention a waste of time, especially of travelling in coach.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

How is it legally fraud if the OP didn’t use false or otherwise deceptive pretenses to induce AA to reissue the ticket with a misleading destination?
It is illegal in the same way it is illegal to keep money erroneously transferred by a bank into one's account. One cannot just spend the $3M if one finds it there. It has to be returned to the bank. The consequences of absconding with the money would be an arrest for theft/conversion.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:06 pm
Suspended

It is illegal in the same way it is illegal to keep money erroneously transferred by a bank into one's account. One cannot just spend the $3M if one finds it there. It has to be returned to the bank. The consequences of absconding with the money would be an arrest for theft/conversion.
It's absolutely nothing like that.

NOT to say that what the OP was trying to do was ethical etc.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by JonNYC
It's absolutely nothing like that.
What is the difference? One is using the property/services not meant to be distributed.
flyinggum likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Global Entry
What is the difference? One is using the property/services not meant to be distributed.
KNOWINGLY might i add
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.