Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

due to weather, agent rebooked me to wrong airport 7900 miles away, should I fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

due to weather, agent rebooked me to wrong airport 7900 miles away, should I fly?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
This thread has veered way off course. If I were the OP, I wouldn't come back either at this point.
So much this.......
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
If you accidentally get upgraded for a reason you know to be invalid, and don't report it, then that is theft.
You must be joking, or crazy to claim that! In all those years of flying, you were never upgraded over someone higher on the list?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
A reasonable person would NOT have thought AA purposely gave someone a flight to a foreign location 7500 miles further than the domestic one they had paid to go to?
So if an airline publishes an obvious mistake business fare selling for $500, you will call them and say "hey this is a mistake fare, I don't want to steal from you guys. Raise it back to $3k and I will buy it"?

Or if Amazon makes an obvious price mistake selling a $1k item for $100, you will call them up and say "hey this is a price mistake, I don't want to steal from you. Raise it back to $1k and I will buy it"?

I guess you have never paid higher than normal price either? When you go into a store and paid double the price by impulse, and find out the real price from a store next door later, you will go into the original store and demand a refund? If they don't, obviously you will call the cops because they are stealing from you because you accidentally give them more money than worth?
MHG and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
If on the other hand you find a diamond ring on the train you will be expected to take reasonable steps to try and find the owner (or hand it to someone who can).
Well, if you pick up a diamond, then you have to report it. Because you have done something to it and moved the location of the item. If the owner comes back looking for it, they will no longer find it.

However, if you got mailed a diamond by accident, legally you don't need to act on it. If the owner finds out the mistake, they will contact you and you will just return it.

The difference of receiving something is that's completely passive, while picking up something is not.

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
With your mistaken rolls, by the time they were returned they would have been ruined. Fair call to consume them. That's not what happened with this ticket.
Actually that's exactly what's happening on this ticket. A seat on a particular flight is perishable goods, just like rolls that will go bad. And that seat will never be sold even if OP doesn't take the flight.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Technically, a seat on the plane is perishable/perished goods after the plane takes off, not before, if there is still a chance for it to be sold and at a high price. If the OP’s flights left at 100% full, then AA may have a claim of lost revenue, technically speaking, because they could have sold that seat, assuming it was priced more than PGV. But if his new flights had even one seat open, then there can not be such a claim. Not that this would be enforceable either way.

Last edited by nk15; Jul 29, 2019 at 10:30 am
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
This thread has veered way off course. If I were the OP, I wouldn't come back either at this point.
Yes this devolved into nonsensical blather quite quickly. The last page of posts demonstrates why we cannot have nice things.

Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by fttc
So if an airline publishes an obvious mistake business fare selling for $500, you will call them and say "hey this is a mistake fare, I don't want to steal from you guys. Raise it back to $3k and I will buy it"?

Or if Amazon makes an obvious price mistake selling a $1k item for $100, you will call them up and say "hey this is a price mistake, I don't want to steal from you. Raise it back to $1k and I will buy it"?

I guess you have never paid higher than normal price either? When you go into a store and paid double the price by impulse, and find out the real price from a store next door later, you will go into the original store and demand a refund? If they don't, obviously you will call the cops because they are stealing from you because you accidentally give them more money than worth?
Yes, if there is a pricing error, I would report it. But, I must first understand that it is a pricing error and not some special sale.
If I buy a plane ticket to PGV, and due to IRROPs an agent gives me a ticket to PVG, a normal person would clearly understand that is an error.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
Yes this devolved into nonsensical blather quite quickly.
Or perhaps the nonsensical blather was delivered in the very first post!

I'm beginning to think this was all a hoax
747FC likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Or perhaps the nonsensical blather was delivered in the very first post!

I'm beginning to think this was all a hoax
Or if it actually went past the re-ticketing queue. It's one thing to set it up improperly but another for it to actually ticket.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Maybe AA put him on the long flight to help solve a weight and balance issue or to show increased passenger volume on long haul flights in order to keep a routing. Ever think of that?

He could have been helping them by flying and thus AA did it on purpose.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:47 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Well, the thread has taken a turn for the worst, so we shall close it down for now. The OP can send an alert to the mod team to reopen the thread for updates later. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.