Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What Food to Expect? (LHR-PHX daytime Business)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Food to Expect? (LHR-PHX daytime Business)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by eugegall
Just checked and the J seats go back to row 10. Front cabin up to row 6 and then mini cabin of 7 to 10.

Also its lunch and I have just selected our meals.

I hope they don't serve them straight away given we take off at 9:30am.

Thanks again all.
Standard procedure on 9am and later flights out of CDG is the meal service begins about an hour after take off. Probably the same out of LHR.
eugegall likes this.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Jun 25, 2019 at 10:03 am
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
and dont forget they will start with the warm nuts with drinks first
eugegall likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by enpremiere

I would focus on the food offerings in the various OneWorld lounges available to you at LHR T3 by virtue of flying in the business cabin. You don’t have to stick with just the Admirals Club. Onboard catering TATL can be less glamorous than the bloggy types make it out to be (ie LH F catering will differ greatly from AA’s J meals).
Excellent Suggestion!

Rumor has it AA Flagship Lounge is in Rehab.

The BA lounge puts on an excellent breakfast.

CX, if it is similar to CDG, might be a bit sparse.

Agree, food on board probably will not live up to blogger reviews.

Recommend you get to LHR early, go to one or two of the lounges, and NOT get on the plane hungry.

No knowledge on Qantas lounge

Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Dallas49er

Excellent Suggestion!

Rumor has it AA Flagship Lounge is in Rehab.

The BA lounge puts on an excellent breakfast.

CX, if it is similar to CDG, might be a bit sparse.

Agree, food on board probably will not live up to blogger reviews.

Recommend you get to LHR early, go to one or two of the lounges, and NOT get on the plane hungry.

No knowledge on Qantas lounge

I believe the current recommendations for LHR T3 lounges is CX>QF>BA>AA. But if you have enough time, try all 4 and compare.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
Well don't leave us hanging, what were your options?!?
Haha good point.

This is the lunch menu for the flight.

Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:17 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
How in the world would a miso glaze pair with hollandaise sauce???? Only on AA!
Unionruler likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by fotographer
and dont forget they will start with the warm nuts
Who doesn't like warm nuts ^
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by eugegall
Haha good point.

This is the lunch menu for the flight.

That was our choices last week on our LHR-LAX flight. I opted for the lamb and my wife went for the chicken. If I were you, I would follow up on the advice already given and eat in the lounges beforehand. We stopped off at the QANTAS lounge first and had a buffet breakfast so that my wife could get a flat white coffee from the barista upstairs and then popped next door to Cathy for some dim sum.

If I had known that the food on board was so dire, I would have pigged out more in the lounges and maybe grabbed a bacon butty or two from the BA lounge. I achieved hero status with my wife as I had stuck my head into the AA lounge on the walk to the gate and had loaded up a doggie bag of caramels from the candy ledge, so my wife didn’t go hungry on the flight. I had even asked the FA as to when they would be setting up the inflight snack area as I was getting peckish myself mid flight.

The pre-arrival “sandwich” was pretty dire too!
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

That was our choices last week on our LHR-LAX flight. I opted for the lamb and my wife went for the chicken. If I were you, I would follow up on the advice already given and eat in the lounges beforehand. We stopped off at the QANTAS lounge first and had a buffet breakfast so that my wife could get a flat white coffee from the barista upstairs and then popped next door to Cathy for some dim sum.

If I had known that the food on board was so dire, I would have pigged out more in the lounges and maybe grabbed a bacon butty or two from the BA lounge. I achieved hero status with my wife as I had stuck my head into the AA lounge on the walk to the gate and had loaded up a doggie bag of caramels from the candy ledge, so my wife didn’t go hungry on the flight. I had even asked the FA as to when they would be setting up the inflight snack area as I was getting peckish myself mid flight.

The pre-arrival “sandwich” was pretty dire too!
Great update.

Potential *:If the LHR CX lounge is like the CDG CX lounge, dim sum and noodles (excellent IMHO) start at 10 am.

I’ll be doing a T3 lounge tour at the end of November, and a BA T5 tour in September. Do not plan on getting on either plane hungry or thirsty.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Jun 26, 2019 at 8:13 am
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Dallas49er

Great update.

Potential *:If the LHR CX lounge is like the CDG CX lounge, dim sum and noodles (excellent IMHO) start at 10 am.

I’ll be doing a T3 lounge tour at the end of November, and a BA T5 tour in September. Do not plan on getting on either plane hungry or thirsty.
I hit the CX lounge just after 9am on a weekday and the dim sum was available at that time.

My next trip trip through LHR will be early in the New Year and will be a BA F flight, so I’m planning on doing all 7 lounges there to stave off airborne starvation (assuming that the AA F lounge is still that and not a Flagship lounge)
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
The seat map will show you the Super Diamond, all forward-facing seats, and in general all LHR 772's are this model, but it does happen that they get swapped out. LHR-PHX is often operated by the day before's 142 from JFK-LHR and last Saturday that switched to Zodiac (reverse and forward facing seats) at a few hours before departure.

The food is a standard LHR lunch menu, with two mini-pies as the snack before landing (which look very lonely on the plate, but are much tastier than the awful mini-pizza or dreadful Croque Monsieur).
Those chocolate pots though....

Originally Posted by fotographer
and dont forget they will start with the warm nuts with drinks first
And a warm towel.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:48 pm

T"is a shame there is no JL "Sakura" lounge in LHR.

The beer pouring machine is worth the price of admission.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Those chocolate pots though....

And a warm towel.
Please do not try to eat the "warm towel".. then again it might taste better then the food
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:13 am

Mmmmmm... lemony.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
The seat map will show you the Super Diamond, all forward-facing seats, and in general all LHR 772's are this model, but it does happen that they get swapped out. LHR-PHX is often operated by the day before's 142 from JFK-LHR and last Saturday that switched to Zodiac (reverse and forward facing seats) at a few hours before departure.

The food is a standard LHR lunch menu, with two mini-pies as the snack before landing (which look very lonely on the plate, but are much tastier than the awful mini-pizza or dreadful Croque Monsieur).
We're flying N784AN. I assume this is one of the decent ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.