FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA in Phoenix (3 hour mechanical delay) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1972961-aa-phoenix-3-hour-mechanical-delay.html)

Joanna Strickland Jun 6, 2019 4:45 pm

AA in Phoenix (3 hour mechanical delay)

Daughter and 2 grandchildren traveling to Atlanta with original take off at 12:03 now 3 hrs later. First for a broken toilet, handled so they board and head to the tarmac only to sit and then return to the gate, because of a second and third due to mechanical issues. Deplaned and moved to new gate and new plane. They are now boarding. Over a 3 he delay

guv1976 Jun 6, 2019 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Joanna Strickland (Post 31177769)
Daughter and 2 grandchildren traveling to Atlanta with original take off at 12:03 now 3 hrs later. First for a broken toilet, handled so they board and head to the tarmac only to sit and then return to the gate, because of a second and third due to mechanical issues. Deplaned and moved to new gate and new plane. They are now boarding. Over a 3 he delay

This sounds like it has nothing to do with PHX, and everything to do with problems on a particular aircraft.

gateH15 Jun 6, 2019 7:47 pm

sounds like a normal day at any aa hub

enviroian Jun 6, 2019 8:43 pm

Yet another aa mx problem. Is this airline really claiming to be the bottom of barrel??

bse118 Jun 7, 2019 1:09 am

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Hope you stay around and read the forums here, so that you might learn maintenance / mechanical delays happen on all airlines (and maybe a little more often on AA at the current time, due to a labor dispute)

aztimm Jun 7, 2019 4:07 am

Moderator note:

I'd like to remind everyone of the FlyerTalk rules, especially this one:
https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#welcoming

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

Unhelpful and unfriendly posts will be deleted.

Thanks.

aztimm

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jun 7, 2019 9:00 am

Three hour delays happen to all airlines. I give significant kudos for AA that they often bring out substantial refreshments in the case of major delays. Because of this situation a delay then forced to return to the gate that might not be the case. For FF it can be much smoother. I have an AC membership. I can wait the delay out in comfort, get work done o relax watching a movie, have access to complimentary food and beverage and more importantly have better access to information and people willing to help with re-routes.

Joanna Strickland Jun 7, 2019 9:53 am

Absolutely had to do with the airline! American Airlines. Never ever will my famil

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 31177796)
This sounds like it has nothing to do with PHX, and everything to do with problems on a particular aircraft.

Joanna Strickland Jun 7, 2019 9:58 am

Their were no offers of water or a snack. There was no mention of amount of time one

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 31179689)
Three hour delays happen to all airlines. I give significant kudos for AA that they often bring out substantial refreshments in the case of major delays. Because of this situation a delay then forced to return to the gate that might not be the case. For FF it can be much smoother. I have an AC membership. I can wait the delay out in comfort, get work done o relax watching a movie, have access to complimentary food and beverage and more importantly have better access to information and people willing to help with re-routes.

Uncle Nonny Jun 7, 2019 1:13 pm

Has your keyboard gone MX or have you timed out?

Tanic Jun 7, 2019 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Joanna Strickland (Post 31179868)
Never ever will my famil...

The suspense is killing me.

bse118 Jun 7, 2019 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Joanna Strickland (Post 31179868)
Absolutely had to do with the airline! American Airlines. Never ever will my famil

Originally Posted by Joanna Strickland (Post 31179885)
Their were no offers of water or a snack. There was no mention of amount of time one

Fundamentally this is an annoying - but routine - delay. Air travel is complex - stuff like this happens.

If you get this worked up about it - I humbly suggest air travel might not be for you.

AA100k Jun 7, 2019 3:10 pm

AA has over 6000 flights each day and mechanical delays happen on some flights. A three hour delay isn’t horrific - annoying for sure but be glad the flight wasn’t cancelled forcing a much longer delay. Hope your day gets better.

Joanna Strickland Jun 7, 2019 3:24 pm

The end

[QUOTE=Joanna Strickland;31179885]

Never ever will anyone in my family fly American again! We finally dropped them of at my other daughter’s home at 1:15. am. We had a 30 minute drive home so we didn’t finally get in bed until 2:00. Rick has to get up at 5:30 so to say the least everyone is so tired and dragging. Just think about my daughter and my 2 grandchildren suffering with the 3 hr time difference!

Hopefully this visit will be fantastic for them and we can make plenty of great memories!

Sorry was having some some technical difficulties before!

Joanna Strickland Jun 7, 2019 3:26 pm

Uhhh what?

Originally Posted by bse118 (Post 31180769)
Fundamentally this is an annoying - but routine - delay. Air travel is complex - stuff like this happens.

If you get this worked up about it - I humbly suggest air travel might not be for you.

yeah stuff does happen. The post is a story which is both frustrating and comical at the same time!