Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA in Phoenix (3 hour mechanical delay)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

AA in Phoenix (3 hour mechanical delay)

Daughter and 2 grandchildren traveling to Atlanta with original take off at 12:03 now 3 hrs later. First for a broken toilet, handled so they board and head to the tarmac only to sit and then return to the gate, because of a second and third due to mechanical issues. Deplaned and moved to new gate and new plane. They are now boarding. Over a 3 he delay
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Joanna Strickland
Daughter and 2 grandchildren traveling to Atlanta with original take off at 12:03 now 3 hrs later. First for a broken toilet, handled so they board and head to the tarmac only to sit and then return to the gate, because of a second and third due to mechanical issues. Deplaned and moved to new gate and new plane. They are now boarding. Over a 3 he delay
This sounds like it has nothing to do with PHX, and everything to do with problems on a particular aircraft.
Often1, Mike Gilbert and RaindropT like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:47 pm

sounds like a normal day at any aa hub
AANYC1981 and boss315 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Yet another aa mx problem. Is this airline really claiming to be the bottom of barrel??
boss315 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Hope you stay around and read the forums here, so that you might learn maintenance / mechanical delays happen on all airlines (and maybe a little more often on AA at the current time, due to a labor dispute)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Moderator note:

I'd like to remind everyone of the FlyerTalk rules, especially this one:
https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#welcoming

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

Unhelpful and unfriendly posts will be deleted.

Thanks.

aztimm
boss315 and altabello like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Three hour delays happen to all airlines. I give significant kudos for AA that they often bring out substantial refreshments in the case of major delays. Because of this situation a delay then forced to return to the gate that might not be the case. For FF it can be much smoother. I have an AC membership. I can wait the delay out in comfort, get work done o relax watching a movie, have access to complimentary food and beverage and more importantly have better access to information and people willing to help with re-routes.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Absolutely had to do with the airline! American Airlines. Never ever will my famil

Originally Posted by guv1976
This sounds like it has nothing to do with PHX, and everything to do with problems on a particular aircraft.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Their were no offers of water or a snack. There was no mention of amount of time one

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Three hour delays happen to all airlines. I give significant kudos for AA that they often bring out substantial refreshments in the case of major delays. Because of this situation a delay then forced to return to the gate that might not be the case. For FF it can be much smoother. I have an AC membership. I can wait the delay out in comfort, get work done o relax watching a movie, have access to complimentary food and beverage and more importantly have better access to information and people willing to help with re-routes.

Last edited by Joanna Strickland; Jun 7, 2019 at 10:01 am Reason: Message not completed
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Has your keyboard gone MX or have you timed out?
enviroian, bse118 and Antarius like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Never ever will my famil...
The suspense is killing me.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Absolutely had to do with the airline! American Airlines. Never ever will my famil
Their were no offers of water or a snack. There was no mention of amount of time one
Fundamentally this is an annoying - but routine - delay. Air travel is complex - stuff like this happens.

If you get this worked up about it - I humbly suggest air travel might not be for you.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
AA has over 6000 flights each day and mechanical delays happen on some flights. A three hour delay isn’t horrific - annoying for sure but be glad the flight wasn’t cancelled forcing a much longer delay. Hope your day gets better.
ksucats and Antarius like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

The end

[QUOTE=Joanna Strickland;31179885]

Never ever will anyone in my family fly American again! We finally dropped them of at my other daughter’s home at 1:15. am. We had a 30 minute drive home so we didn’t finally get in bed until 2:00. Rick has to get up at 5:30 so to say the least everyone is so tired and dragging. Just think about my daughter and my 2 grandchildren suffering with the 3 hr time difference!

Hopefully this visit will be fantastic for them and we can make plenty of great memories!

Sorry was having some some technical difficulties before!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Uhhh what?

Originally Posted by bse118
Fundamentally this is an annoying - but routine - delay. Air travel is complex - stuff like this happens.

If you get this worked up about it - I humbly suggest air travel might not be for you.

yeah stuff does happen. The post is a story which is both frustrating and comical at the same time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.