FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA app boarding notification (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1972601-aa-app-boarding-notification.html)

flyinggum Jun 4, 2019 8:32 am

AA app boarding notification

I've made sure notification is allowed for the app and still don't get the boarding notification. Anyone else?

neo_781 Jun 4, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by flyinggum (Post 31169241)
I've made sure notification is allowed for the app and still don't get the boarding notification. Anyone else?

I get updates from AA like gate changes but have never gotten the boarding notification update.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jun 4, 2019 9:40 am

Originally Posted by neo_781 (Post 31169442)
I get updates from AA like gate changes but have never gotten the boarding notification update.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I get notifications about 30-60 before flight of the gate and that the flight is on time (or at least at that moment in time). I've never heard of technology to tell you the flight is boarding.

Antarius Jun 4, 2019 9:44 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 31169499)
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I get notifications about 30-60 before flight of the gate and that the flight is on time (or at least at that moment in time). I've never heard of technology to tell you the flight is boarding.

AA was purportedly rolling this out. I have not seen it yet either.

They did push an update yesterday. Am flying this PM so will see what happens and report back.

skunker Jun 4, 2019 12:45 pm

I'm in the app beta group. Flew SAN-ORD on 5/22 and did not get the notice. Return ORD-SAN on 5/26 I did get the notice. The beta feedback said it was being rolled out to some beta testers.

donotblink Jun 21, 2019 11:38 pm

Apparently the boarding notifications are triggered by the first boarding pass the gate agent scans. When Federal Air Marshall's, deadheading crew, unaccompanied minors, passengers requesting special assistance or nonrev crew are scanned, all passengers are notified in the app.

FAMs and deadheading crew apparently board 20-30 minutes before boarding begins.

JonNYC Jun 21, 2019 11:43 pm

Obviously general rollout a bit delayed:

boerne Aug 1, 2019 8:38 am

App offering voucher before boarding

Saw this in the AC before the flight. The app is offering a voucher. May be old news but search didn’t find it. Could be something to track in a separate thread. Mods please move if needed. Trying to upload screenshot in line.

deeruck Aug 1, 2019 9:14 am

Originally Posted by boerne (Post 31366898)
Saw this in the AC before the flight. The app is offering a voucher. May be old news but search didn’t find it. Could be something to track in a separate thread. Mods please move if needed. Trying to upload screenshot in line.

A voucher for what? Voluntary bump?

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Aug 1, 2019 9:46 am

Originally Posted by deeruck (Post 31367040)
A voucher for what? Voluntary bump?

Yes there's a separate thread. AA at times will offer paxs the opportunity to bid on a possible bump voucher, however, there is no guarantee that you will be needed. It supposedly puts you on the list but the one time I used the app the GA had no record of me. It also appears as though the app doesn't always offer the ability to bid even when the flight is overbooked. The app appears to be a work in process.