AA app boarding notification

Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry
AA app boarding notification

I've made sure notification is allowed for the app and still don't get the boarding notification. Anyone else?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinggum
I've made sure notification is allowed for the app and still don't get the boarding notification. Anyone else?
I get updates from AA like gate changes but have never gotten the boarding notification update.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by neo_781
I get updates from AA like gate changes but have never gotten the boarding notification update.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I get notifications about 30-60 before flight of the gate and that the flight is on time (or at least at that moment in time). I've never heard of technology to tell you the flight is boarding.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I get notifications about 30-60 before flight of the gate and that the flight is on time (or at least at that moment in time). I've never heard of technology to tell you the flight is boarding.
AA was purportedly rolling this out. I have not seen it yet either.

They did push an update yesterday. Am flying this PM so will see what happens and report back.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I'm in the app beta group. Flew SAN-ORD on 5/22 and did not get the notice. Return ORD-SAN on 5/26 I did get the notice. The beta feedback said it was being rolled out to some beta testers.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Apparently the boarding notifications are triggered by the first boarding pass the gate agent scans. When Federal Air Marshall's, deadheading crew, unaccompanied minors, passengers requesting special assistance or nonrev crew are scanned, all passengers are notified in the app.

FAMs and deadheading crew apparently board 20-30 minutes before boarding begins.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Obviously general rollout a bit delayed:
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
App offering voucher before boarding

Saw this in the AC before the flight. The app is offering a voucher. May be old news but search didnt find it. Could be something to track in a separate thread. Mods please move if needed. Trying to upload screenshot in line.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by boerne
Saw this in the AC before the flight. The app is offering a voucher. May be old news but search didnt find it. Could be something to track in a separate thread. Mods please move if needed. Trying to upload screenshot in line.
A voucher for what? Voluntary bump?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by deeruck
A voucher for what? Voluntary bump?
Yes there's a separate thread. AA at times will offer paxs the opportunity to bid on a possible bump voucher, however, there is no guarantee that you will be needed. It supposedly puts you on the list but the one time I used the app the GA had no record of me. It also appears as though the app doesn't always offer the ability to bid even when the flight is overbooked. The app appears to be a work in process.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.