Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Brag It Out: How Many Times have you 1A'd this year, and other unimportant topics.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brag It Out: How Many Times have you 1A'd this year, and other unimportant topics.

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPRich
I don't think I've ever voluntarily sat in 1A. I hate staring at nothing but a bulkhead in from of me. 2D is usually my seat, thought sometimes the last right-side aisle if recline room is normal.
Awesome. If it's brag-worthy for you, it's brag-worthy for me, and thus it's brag-worthy for this thread!
Old May 5, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
Almost every damned time I'm on a transcon PHL-XXX on a US 321. because it's literally the only power on that stupid plane.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I'm a 1A person. Just bought DCA-SFO for a business trip in mid. I was semi-panicking about the availability a couple weeks back as AA's booking engine would show "1 seat left" or "2 seats left". Of course when I looked at the seat map, not a single seat would be blocked off. At the time fares were $1300. Snagged F class for $1000 yesterday - and I fly via CLT which maximizes EQMs (best EQMs are realistically out of PHL or MIA but AA wanted nearly $2000 for C class there).

I consider that a good deal as coach is $620. So for $380 more, I save on one hotel night (plus meals and hotel) and I get F class both ways.

1A on every leg.
When you’re buying discounted domestic first, the label on the AA booking engine is often referring to how many seats are available for purchase in that fare bucket, not in the cabin.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by CPRich
I don't think I've ever voluntarily sat in 1A. I hate staring at nothing but a bulkhead in from of me. 2D is usually my seat, thought sometimes the last right-side aisle if recline room is normal.
On the domestics, having to throw everything up top just kills bulkhead for me. Even on the 77W, the light bleed from the forward galley on red eyes doesn’t make row 1 attractive over 2.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
The only 1A I had that was memorable was on the BA 747.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
See 1A/1F for F (or 3A/F;2A/2J), a bulkhead for coach other than the 321 then 10A/11A. For the 777 PE sold as Y, 13A or 13L.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by ckendall
I agree, 1A / 1K on the 747 is truly special. On AA domestic I would prefer an economy exit row to any F bulkhead and I have declined gate upgrades for this reason. Simply not enough legroom at the bulkhead for a tall person.
GTITAN likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Glad you enjoyed it! We are headed out on BA in F this summer in July. Very excited
Old May 5, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by _kurt
I agree, 1A / 1K on the 747 is truly special. On AA domestic I would prefer an economy exit row to any F bulkhead and I have declined gate upgrades for this reason. Simply not enough legroom at the bulkhead for a tall person.
Totally, got upgraded last night from EWR-CLT on an A-320 and got 1D. I begged the GA to see if I could get another FC seat, and the GA said I could ask someone to trade (no other seat available). I replied to him, "No one wants the bulkhead." He laughed and shook his head in agreement.

Safe Travels
Old May 5, 2019, 3:03 pm

Longhaul 2-2-2 Formation, Has To Be 1G

For long haul in a 2-2-2 formation I normally pick 1G. I prefer not having to potentially wake up a fellow pasenger to get to the loo, or have a fellow passenger step over me. This is nornally by a bulkhead, and there is slightly longer room for your feet on the shelf if you've tall like I am.

I'm right handed so I've probably booked the right side of the middle 2 sub-consiously. Easier to pass or receive items with my right hand.

The exception woild be the private angled cubicle seats on a 789 Dreamliner, where I'm not too fussed.

On a short haul flight on an Embraer, 1 hour and a wee bit, 1A is perfectly adequate.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:03 pm

Longhaul 2-2-2 Formation, Has To Be 1G

For long haul in a 2-2-2 formation I normally pick 1G. I prefer not having to potentially wake up a fellow pasenger to get to the loo, or have a fellow passenger step over me. This is nornally by a bulkhead, and there is slightly longer room for your feet on the shelf if you've tall like I am.

I'm right handed so I've probably booked the right side of the middle 2 sub-consiously. Easier to pass or receive items with my right hand.

The exception woild be the private angled cubicle seats on a 789 Dreamliner, where I'm not too fussed.

On a short haul flight on an Embraer, 1 hour and a wee bit, 1A is perfectly adequate.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
On two-class A321s, 1F is my preferred seat, especially on evening flights, as the glare experienced in 1A from the galley light is horrendous. The FAs essentially never close the curtain.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
My next 1A is in July HKG-LAX
Antarius likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
1A/K are great on QR 388s, 2A all the way on CX 77Ws except when booked as AA codeshares then 1A is the best one can do, 2/3/4A on QF 388s, and yesterday I was in 1K on BA 744 whose seats and soft product are rubbish compared to the others. My current trip I have six of these plus a couple inter-Asia business class seats and one domestic F seat (2A) on an E75 RJ. On domestic mainline AA I like 2/3/4/6D (last row, right aisle) except on 32B I like 2A/F.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Yes, and also was a very enjoyable seat on Cathay, Quantas, and Fiji 747s. On a AA domestic mainline, I like non bulkhead MCE over and row 1 bulkhead. Being able to place my bag and feet under the seat in front of me is huge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.