Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking dfw-sea-pdx-dfw on concur. No AS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Anyone ever had this problem. No Alaska options come up for the sea to pdx leg. I know EQM has changed for flying AS flights but AA still has them listed as a partner. I tried a dummy booking on aa.com and no options either.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Are you trying to fly DFW-PDX with a connection in SEA? Or is this a true multi-leg trip -- first to SEA and then to PDX -- where it's not pricing a connection?

Since AA and AS compete on DFW-PDX, I don't think you could book an AA codeshare operated by AS on that route (with or without a connection in SEA). AA wants you on its DFW-PDX nonstop, and AS wants you on its DFW-PDX nonstop. Full disclosure: I could be wrong, as I haven't studied the details of the revised codeshare that closely.

If on a multi-leg trip, it's also possible that flight is simply not part of the codeshare since AS would want to force you to book on them.

Last edited by USFlyerUS; Mar 26, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
I want to book a multi leg itinerary. AA dfw-sea then AS sea-pdx then pdx-dfw on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.