Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keep getting error on multi-stop trip.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Keep getting error on multi-stop trip.

I'm trying to get a price for a multi-stop trip as below but keep getting the error "Something went wrong. Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later.". I have tried it on Delta and this worked, a leg at a time. I fancy I might be able to get a cheaper overall price than booking the internal flights separately, which is what we have done in the past. I have tried various options (eg just one passenger, not selecting class of travel - the two of us would be travelling in Business/First). Is there anyway to get this to work? Travel would be within 6 weeks from start at MAD to return to MAD. Any advice welcome. Calling AA would not give me the option to dwell over the various flight options.

MAD-CLE, SEA-LAS, LAS-IAH, IAH-MAD

Thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by johnash
I'm trying to get a price for a multi-stop trip as below but keep getting the error "Something went wrong. Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later.". I have tried it on Delta and this worked, a leg at a time. I fancy I might be able to get a cheaper overall price than booking the internal flights separately, which is what we have done in the past. I have tried various options (eg just one passenger, not selecting class of travel - the two of us would be travelling in Business/First). Is there anyway to get this to work? Travel would be within 6 weeks from start at MAD to return to MAD. Any advice welcome. Calling AA would not give me the option to dwell over the various flight options.

Thank you!
Try Google Flights, you should he able to piece it together and see if it's any cheaper as one ticket or booked separately.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by johnash

Thank you!
How much time is between CLE and SEA? What about at IAH? More than 24 hours? If so they are likely going to price out as at least two separate tickets (like MAD-CLE/IAH-MAD plus SEA-LAS/LAS-IAH).

I second the advice of Google flights, but I don't see much of an advantage of having it all on one ticket. I would probably book MAD-CLE / IAH-MAD and then go look at Southwest, Alaska, United, etc for the other two short hops. Especially because neither of those is going to be nonstop on AA-- not worth the hassle. Within the US most airlines (especially Southwest) will happily sell you one-way ticket for half the return price.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Thanks for the tips. Yes, 3 week gap between CLE and SEA and about a week at IAH. In the past we've restricted our flights to AA to maximise our miles' earning but given that they're rather useless these days, we'll certainly look at the alternatives suggested. By the way, I also tried United as well at Delta and they also were able to price this trip So it's not impossible, AA!

Thanks again.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
A travel agent may be able to piece this together for you. Does it price on matrix.itasoftware.com?
johnash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.