Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA gifted me Gold: rich impressions (and IROPS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA gifted me Gold: rich impressions (and IROPS)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: CK or bust
Indeed, AA's operations tend to favor the denial/15 minute rolling delay approach. In some cases this may be due to the possibility that a different tail number could be found at a major station but for the most part it translates to inconvenience or frustration, especially when an official delay isn't acknowledged which makes rebooking or alternative options a harder case to make with agents.
Yahtzee likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
DYKWIA!
Uncle Nonny?
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:22 am
dwh
Original Poster

Hey - - I got the upgrade PHX-SAF! Looks like a handful of people bailed. I appreciate the input and perspectives of all those in this thread. Here's what I wrote to AA when they sent me an e-mail asking me to rate my travel experience:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
I've been Platinum on Delta for 15 years, and this is my first AA flight since then. AA was very kind to gift me AA Gold status with an option to maintain that. I found some significant service problems - - something I am not used to. The PHX-SAF flight arrived 14 hours late. Our flight was at first delayed 5+ hours, then cancelled. The issues: the airline seemed to know the crew would be timed out and they would have to cancel, but strung pax along for all those hours; there was inadequate and misleading communication to delayed pax; the night gate agents at 15b were under-communicative, seemed wholly indifferent to the situation, and appeared wholly uncaring and distant; finally lined up to get vouchers, but the printer didn't work, so the entire line had to hustle over to a different gate (17) for vouchers; was given a hotel voucher and told to go outside for the shuttle and call the hotel, who responded that they did not HAVE a shuttle and I would have to go back and get AA to help me; went to the check-in counter and the agent gave me a new hotel, but acted really indifferent, to the point of disrespect - - I NEVER experience this with Delta; the hotel was a dump. I do have to say, that next morning at 645am for the actual flight, the gate agents at 15b were caring and excellent - - a real contrast to the night before, and the flight crew were great. But my first flight on AA in 15 years was an abominable experience, and was terribly lacking from an Operations and customer service perspective.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bse118
I'm honestly curious, why do you continue to fly AA? You seem to have a constant string of issues with them, and complaints, yet you are still flying them.
He’s the AA forum’s “aceboy44”...
(Check out the EK forum and you’ll see what I mean)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
In 16 years of flying AA, I've never been stuck overnight anywhere... Ever.

Then it happened on BOTH outbound and inbound legs of my last trip. I really hope this was bad luck and not a reflection on AA, but in the back of my head, I have to believe this sort of thing is becoming more common.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I generally like AA. I like their planes, their lounges, their crews (first rate in 90% of my travels). Where they fail is with rolling delays and little or no "proper" information. But it is what it is and I know that not every trip will be perfect. Thankfully, I usually have access to the lounge to deal with IRROPS.

I haven't flown much on Delta but from what I've heard, their service is the best of the big three legacy airlines. Just like their FF program is the worst. So you pick your poison and you take your chances.

OP, will you wait another 20 years before giving AA another chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.