Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can I get point bonuses from both a CitiBusiness card AND from Citi new checking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get point bonuses from both a CitiBusiness card AND from Citi new checking?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

I just got a Citi Business Aadvantage Platinum Select with a 70,000 bonus (didn't get it yet, have 3 months to spend). I also saw there is a Citi checking account promotion for 40,000 points if you keep $15,000 in a new checking account for 90 days. The latter would be a personal account. However, they both would link to the same AA#.

Then, I read the fine print and saw this:
"Unless expressly prohibited, Eligible Customers can participate in other Citibank American Airlines AAdvantageŽ promotions which award miles; however, no Eligible Customer can be awarded more than 60,000 AAdvantageŽ miles total (multiple awards allowed) within any 365 day period."

Thoughts? Has anyone done both, or two similar promotions?

Thank you
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by trademarkedTM
I just got a Citi Business Aadvantage Platinum Select with a 70,000 bonus (didn't get it yet, have 3 months to spend). I also saw there is a Citi checking account promotion for 40,000 points if you keep $15,000 in a new checking account for 90 days. The latter would be a personal account. However, they both would link to the same AA#.

Then, I read the fine print and saw this:
"Unless expressly prohibited, Eligible Customers can participate in other Citibank American Airlines AAdvantageŽ promotions which award miles; however, no Eligible Customer can be awarded more than 60,000 AAdvantageŽ miles total (multiple awards allowed) within any 365 day period."

Thoughts? Has anyone done both, or two similar promotions?

Thank you
A work around to this is to open a business credit card and a personal checking account or vice versa. Side note: you could open a personal card and a business card and still qualify. My wife and I did the personal card and business card trick (no bank account promotions) with no issues in receiving miles.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meunger11
A work around to this is to open a business credit card and a personal checking account or vice versa. Side note: you could open a personal card and a business card and still qualify. My wife and I did the personal card and business card trick (no bank account promotions) with no issues in receiving miles.
Well, the Citi Business card is a business card but of course still linked to the same AA account. The checking account would definitely be personal. If you did both personal and biz on the same AA account then it sounds OK to do.
GlobalMatt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.