Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Unaware of separate ticketing baggage policy, I paid the price. Don’t like it!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unaware of separate ticketing baggage policy, I paid the price. Don’t like it!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by jordyn
Sure, but in a comparable situation (to a major partner), they definitely would.

AA won't even through-check on separate American tickets.
Sorry, I lumped your post with another poster who specifically said DL-BA thru check
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Sorry, I lumped your post with another poster who specifically said DL-BA thru check
they would on the same ticket not separate ones!

Apparent mortal enemies VS and BA will interline where the flights are on the same ticket for example.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Apparent mortal enemies VS and BA will interline where the flights are on the same ticket for example.
They'd better! I've got one coming up.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: ExPlAAt; United 1K
I think this policy started about a year ago on AA? I remember getting caught trying to through-check from Cuzco-Lim-DFW, and having been able to do it the year before REP-HKG-DFW. In both cases, we had one revenue and one award ticket. I can kind of maybe understand it (but not like it) on a revenue ticket. It's basically married segment logic. But I don't really understand it on award tickets when there's no revenue to fight over.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

the APD would have been £26 pounds on a J flight and £13 in Y, and from what the OP wrote the decision to go to GVA was fairly last minute due to snow (the OP wanting to see it / go skiiing) there so yes the cost of the ticket change could have been high.

Unfortunately the OP hasn’t come back to say how long he had between the two separate flights in terms of both the schedule and the reality (he said the AA flight into LHR was late).
He probably would never come back now virtually everyone agrees while the policy is not customer friendly especially AA would provide protection on misconnect when the onward travel is on OW carriers even though on separate ticket, people also feel there is no ground to ask for compensation - it is the compensation the OP has in mind for him to start this thread - he basically wanted 2 free SWUs by way of extending his expiring ones. Now seeing that is extremely unlikely, and with the public opinion prevailing here, he has zero incentive to come back for more details on the initial situation.

He DID admit the connection was tight, but countered that if AA would thrucheck, he would have been able to connect instead of missed the connection. AA rebooked him though. So there is really no ground or basis for any compensation. This is the rub and he would not come back to admit it.

We have seen too many "drive-by" posting when the poster wanted something and then realized it wouldn't happen, then the poster never has the courtesy to come back just to clarify / answer some questions. He is not the first who does that, nor the last.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.