Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New to business travel and now I am Concierge Key. What do free upgrades mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to business travel and now I am Concierge Key. What do free upgrades mean?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Just putting it out there, do you think its time to have AA consider EXP as the same level as CK in terms of upgrades, and that goes for boarding too?
(not that they probably will)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fotographer
I am my own boss, can I nominate myself?
I reached out to my travel agent and asked to be nominated and he forwarded my email to his manager who is looking into it. It doesn't hurt to ask
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I really have to question the policy of AA allowing CKs to provide others with CK status. I understand the need to want to obtain very high dollar spend flyers. However, there should be a line drawn. If AA requires EXPs to use stickers to upgrade companions then why this policy? By all means I could see AA giving certain CKs the ability to bestow PLT on certain of their employees. But the highest ultra invite only level to those that might not even re-qualify for GLD on their own?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I really have to question the policy of AA allowing CKs to provide others with CK status. I understand the need to want to obtain very high dollar spend flyers. However, there should be a line drawn. If AA requires EXPs to use stickers to upgrade companions then why this policy? By all means I could see AA giving certain CKs the ability to bestow PLT on certain of their employees. But the highest ultra invite only level to those that might not even re-qualify for GLD on their own?
There are realistically 2 primary ways to get CK status:
1) Spend a bunch/be profitable- Obviously there's no published criteria and some very high spenders don't qualify, but spend a bunch and you at least have a shot
2) Be a travel influencer or important person at a company which spends a lot with AA.

CK's can't provide others with CK status. If what you're referring to is CK's including a companion in their status for a specific trip, yes, that's the case. And for upgrade purposes, they need to spend stickers/miles to upgrade their companion, just like an EXP.

That said, I know of multiple CK's who NEVER fly AA. Ever. But they are very senior execs at big companies, and the premise is that if they ever had to fly AA, or if irrops on their primary airline kicked them over to AA, they would be treated well. In general, nobody competes with them for upgrades since AA simply isn't their airline of choice.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
I reached out to my travel agent and asked to be nominated and he forwarded my email to his manager who is looking into it. It doesn't hurt to ask
I should reach out to my TA, and ask the same, the only problem on my side would be that my wife is my TA
(this assures that I book the correct nights of hotels)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
I am my own boss, can I nominate myself?
Book a few million $/year of travel on AA and I'm sure they'd be willing to hear you out
fotographer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
I also reached out to my travel agent and received a very quick reply back from Mrs. EnPremiere saying fat chance.

7M8 I come!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by dave_261
There are realistically 2 primary ways to get CK status:
1) Spend a bunch/be profitable- Obviously there's no published criteria and some very high spenders don't qualify, but spend a bunch and you at least have a shot
2) Be a travel influencer or important person at a company which spends a lot with AA.

CK's can't provide others with CK status. If what you're referring to is CK's including a companion in their status for a specific trip, yes, that's the case. And for upgrade purposes, they need to spend stickers/miles to upgrade their companion, just like an EXP.

That said, I know of multiple CK's who NEVER fly AA. Ever. But they are very senior execs at big companies, and the premise is that if they ever had to fly AA, or if irrops on their primary airline kicked them over to AA, they would be treated well. In general, nobody competes with them for upgrades since AA simply isn't their airline of choice.
Since the response from MSPeconomist. I realize that some CKs are corporate travel manager that agree to send large amounts of business to AA even though they themselves don't fly that much.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Science Goy
Book a few million $/year of travel on AA and I'm sure they'd be willing to hear you out
maybe we could pool together a lot of AA travelers and form a company..
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
maybe we could pool together a lot of AA travelers and form a company..
Now there is an idea, now what do we name it?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
Now there is an idea, now what do we name it?
American pool supply corp?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.