Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others

Newsroom - American Airlines Introduces Premium A321T Aircraft to Transcontinental Service Between Los Angeles and Boston - American Airlines Group, Inc.

Thoughts?

In part: Customers traveling from coast to coast on the A321T in Flagship First and Flagship Business will experience fully lie-flat seats and a chef-curated menu, as well as premium wines and amenity kits. Those traveling in Main Cabin can stay connected with power at every seat, high-speed Wi-Fi and seatback entertainment. And, as part of American’s new collaboration with Zoës Kitchen, Main Cabin customers can purchase new light and healthy menu options.

“The Flagship experience on the A321T continues to win awards for best domestic first class travel and provides thoughtful comfort and convenience for customers,” said Vasu Raja, Vice President of Network and Schedule Planning for American. “By introducing the A321T on two daily flights between important business markets like LAX and BOS, we are delivering on our promise to create a world-class customer experience.”

The A321T has become the standard for comfort when traveling between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and LAX, as well as between JFK and San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Flagship First and Flagship Business customers have access to meals designed by chef-partner Sam Choy as well as a lumbar support pillow, duvet, mattress pad and other bedding from sleep experts Casper (NB: uncertain what will be offered BOS-LAX-BOS). The aircraft also offers 36 Main Cabin Extra seats, which include extra leg room and complimentary beer, wine and spirits. All customers enjoy free movies and TV shows with seatback entertainment. High-speed satellite Wi-Fi is available for purchase with bandwidth sufficient to support access to personal subscription video streaming services like Netflix* and Hulu*.

Customers at BOS traveling in Flagship First or Flagship Business will have access to the newly renovated Admirals Club, which re-opens in early 2019 after an ongoing colocation project is completed. This will move all American flights to the same terminal with one ticket counter and one baggage claim, and with all gates in the same area, for a seamless customer experience in Terminal B.

At LAX, customers flying in Flagship First have exclusive access to the most premium experience, including Flagship First Check-In — a private, dedicated VIP check-in facility — the Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining in Terminal 4. Flagship First Dining offers customers an elevated sit-down meal with regionally inspired dishes and locally sourced ingredients including the Flagship Burger, which was called the “best airport burger” by Travel + Leisure. Flagship Business customers enjoy the best amenities and services in the Flagship Lounge at LAX with a range of options, including a robust food offering and a chef action station with fresh, made-to-order dishes, along with the ability to pair meals with premium wine, champagne and spirits or a refreshing drink from the build-your-own-cocktail station.

Flights will be available for sale on Monday, Dec. 3.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 5, 2018 at 8:15 am Reason: Add information from AA PR release
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
A321T flight schedule (subject to change):
LAX–BOS
AA156 Departs LAX at 7:45 a.m.
AA156 Arrives BOS at 4:16 p.m.
AA2455 Departs LAX at 9:55 p.m.
AA2455 Arrives BOS at 6:22 a.m.
BOS–LAX
AA211 Departs BOS at 7:24 a.m.
AA211 Arrives LAX at 11:10 a.m.
AA2542 Departs BOS at 5:45 p.m.
AA2542 Arrives LAX at 9:28 p.m.
ntamayo likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Wish they would have a better eastbound schedule--being BOS based, I strongly prefer the noon or 3-4pm flights to allow me to get half a day in LAX before flying back on a non-redeye, but obviously YMMV depending on your needs!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by dkc192
Wish they would have a better eastbound schedule--being BOS based, I strongly prefer the noon or 3-4pm flights to allow me to get half a day in LAX before flying back on a non-redeye, but obviously YMMV depending on your needs!
Yeah, when flying back from the West Coast, I almost always try to catch flights between 2 PM and 4 PM....
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wonder if this (hopefully) means the end of BOSJFK on the A321T
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'll take it!
brc757rr and enpremiere like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:58 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Interesting that they won't be providing free meals in Y on this route, as DL does.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AA
Sounds like they will probably be able to fit this into the existing utlization for the A321T, but I do wonder if there are plans to reconfigure more aircraft.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I like it. I periodically take that LAX-BOS red-eye to maximize on ZZZZs.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:46 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
And sill no PHL-LAX with the A321T. I would have thought BOS and PHL have a similar premium demand for the LAX market.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: CK or bust
It's great to see AA launch another premium trans-con route after squashing LAX/MIA. No doubt Mint played a part in this.

No Flagship Lounge/Dining in Boston of course but at least F at LAX would qualify for FFD.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by bridge29
Sounds like they will probably be able to fit this into the existing utlization for the A321T, but I do wonder if there are plans to reconfigure more aircraft.
Despite all of the attention that Oasis and the premium economy projects have received, you're right - there really hasn't been anything in the way of noise about either new A321T leases/purchases or retrofitting legacy A321s (and my guess would be that there won't be).

This sounds more of a defensive/"let's see if it sticks" move.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by PHL
And sill no PHL-LAX with the A321T. I would have thought BOS and PHL have a similar premium demand for the LAX market.
I wouldn’t think so. Boston is both a more affluent and a more economically diverse and prosperous city and region.
LovePrunes and jaybos like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I do find it very ironic how in the press release they are promoting seatback entertainment, yet ripping it out of their other domestic fleet.
iadisgreat, rollthere and MarkOK like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Without more planes, they have to come from either LAX-JFK or SFO-JFK.

BOS-LAX and the JFK routes are prone to IRROPS in winter (and sometimes summer). If they fly a mixture of the 2 class and 3 class 321s, it will be pretty miserable to get bounced from a 3 class to a 2 class. The J seat in the 2class sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.