FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Advice kindly sought about the mechanics of the AAdvantage award calendar (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1934747-advice-kindly-sought-about-mechanics-aadvantage-award-calendar.html)

Scoob72 Oct 9, 2018 2:11 pm

Advice kindly sought about the mechanics of the AAdvantage award calendar

Firstly, many thanks for reading this -- I do appreciate it!

Would anyone possibly be able to advise me about AAdvantage's calendar?

If I was looking to redeem at +331 days in advance, could anyone tell me when exactly (e.g. at XX:00am EDT) the AAdvantage calendar advances by one day? Just in case I'm not being very clear, I am just trying to establish whether there is an exact time of day each day when AA moves its calendar forward by a single day, so that, at this given time (to the minute, say) when the calendar is moved forward and where a moment ago -- at +332 -- nothing was rightly bookable, now, with the newly-advanced calendar, I am at +331 and I am suddenly able to book...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

All the best

guv1976 Oct 9, 2018 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Scoob72 (Post 30296923)

If I was looking to redeem at +331 days in advance, could anyone tell me when exactly (e.g. at XX:00am EDT) the AAdvantage calendar advances by one day? Just in case I'm not being very clear, I am just trying to establish whether there is an exact time of day each day when AA moves its calendar forward by a single day, so that, at this given time (to the minute, say) when the calendar is moved forward and where a moment ago -- at +332 -- nothing was rightly bookable, now, with the newly-advanced calendar, I am at +331 and I am suddenly able to book...

All the best

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are seeking to book a MileSAAver award, be aware that AA does not necessarily make them available for booking on every route at T-331.

Scoob72 Oct 9, 2018 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 30297018)
I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are seeking to book a MileSAAver award, be aware that AA does not necessarily make them available for booking on every route at T-331.

guv1976 -- many thanks for making this point. I was perfectly oblivious to this! Much obliged.

777lover Oct 9, 2018 2:56 pm

The schedule calendar updates at 12:00am central time.

Now, AA doesn’t load “saver space” until two nights later.

Partner awards will load at the opening of the calendar and start flowing in between 12:00am and like 3:00am. sometimes as late as 7:00am. Seems like it varies very night.

Originally Posted by Scoob72 (Post 30296923)

All the best

Scoob72 Oct 9, 2018 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by 777lover (Post 30297075)
The schedule calendar updates at 12:00am central time.

Now, AA doesn’t load “saver space” until two nights later.

Partner awards will load at the opening of the calendar and start flowing in between 12:00am and like 3:00am. sometimes as late as 7:00am. Seems like it varies very night.

777lover -- wow, that's really useful information and great to know. Thank you! It's actually a partner award that I was looking to book, so this is very helpful indeed. :)

All the best