Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Advice kindly sought about the mechanics of the AAdvantage award calendar

Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Firstly, many thanks for reading this -- I do appreciate it!

Would anyone possibly be able to advise me about AAdvantage's calendar?

If I was looking to redeem at +331 days in advance, could anyone tell me when exactly (e.g. at XX:00am EDT) the AAdvantage calendar advances by one day? Just in case I'm not being very clear, I am just trying to establish whether there is an exact time of day each day when AA moves its calendar forward by a single day, so that, at this given time (to the minute, say) when the calendar is moved forward and where a moment ago -- at +332 -- nothing was rightly bookable, now, with the newly-advanced calendar, I am at +331 and I am suddenly able to book...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Scoob72

If I was looking to redeem at +331 days in advance, could anyone tell me when exactly (e.g. at XX:00am EDT) the AAdvantage calendar advances by one day? Just in case I'm not being very clear, I am just trying to establish whether there is an exact time of day each day when AA moves its calendar forward by a single day, so that, at this given time (to the minute, say) when the calendar is moved forward and where a moment ago -- at +332 -- nothing was rightly bookable, now, with the newly-advanced calendar, I am at +331 and I am suddenly able to book...

All the best
I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are seeking to book a MileSAAver award, be aware that AA does not necessarily make them available for booking on every route at T-331.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are seeking to book a MileSAAver award, be aware that AA does not necessarily make them available for booking on every route at T-331.
guv1976 -- many thanks for making this point. I was perfectly oblivious to this! Much obliged.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:56 pm

The schedule calendar updates at 12:00am central time.

Now, AA doesnt load saver space until two nights later.

Partner awards will load at the opening of the calendar and start flowing in between 12:00am and like 3:00am. sometimes as late as 7:00am. Seems like it varies very night.

Originally Posted by Scoob72

All the best
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 777lover
The schedule calendar updates at 12:00am central time.

Now, AA doesnt load saver space until two nights later.

Partner awards will load at the opening of the calendar and start flowing in between 12:00am and like 3:00am. sometimes as late as 7:00am. Seems like it varies very night.

777lover -- wow, that's really useful information and great to know. Thank you! It's actually a partner award that I was looking to book, so this is very helpful indeed.

All the best

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.