Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 663 PHX-KOA: Passengers Asked to Urinate in Plastic Bags After Toilets Overflow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 663 PHX-KOA: Passengers Asked to Urinate in Plastic Bags After Toilets Overflow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:47 pm

Another reason I carry a Biffy Bag (or two) in my carry-on.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
Another reason I carry a Biffy Bag (or two) in my carry-on.
Seriously? You carry a portable toilet in your carry-on for every flight just in case you're on the 1:1,000,000 flight where the bathrooms all overflow and the flight time happens to be so long you can't hold it?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
Seriously? You carry a portable toilet in your carry-on for every flight just in case you're on the 1:1,000,000 flight where the bathrooms all overflow and the flight time happens to be so long you can't hold it?
Yes, seriously. I also carry feminine hygiene products too. If you think you can ask about my bladder issues I'm sure you have something to say about that too!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
I just read a article about how the airlines made $57 billion in addon fees last year and are looking for ways to make more. Well, here is their opportunity. Watch for the FA's to start hawking TravelJohn Disposable Urinals or Stadium Pals right after the pitch for a credit card!
rollthere likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by asdf098
Received an email today from AA offering 30k miles for the inconvenience. Note I hadn't submitted a complaint yet, though had planned to do so once I had some free time on the weekend.
I find this incredibly greedy that you plan to file a complaint for something that was completely out of AA's control, especially after they preemptively offered you 30k miles as compensation. Would you file a complaint to AA if your flight diverted for a medical emergency? $hit happens, move on and enjoy Hawaii
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Talking

Originally Posted by Gig103
They should have shamed the person who ignored the placards and inconsiderately tried to flush the diaper. What a crappy (sorry couldn't resist) situation for everyone.

Maybe the passengers could have banded together and fashioned up a "tar and feather" situation with that blue flushing liquid and toilet paper.
I SO agree but if the captain blamed a passenger mid-flight a lot could go wrong with the whole thing escalating among passengers. I think the crew did the best they could. But still a Sh*tty situation for sure
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
I'm no aerospace engineer, but why not a urinal on a plane ? Does every pee event need to be washed into the hold with a gallon of blue liquid ?
Have you ever tried this in an earthquake?

with 3 degrees of motion
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103
They should have shamed the person who ignored the placards and inconsiderately tried to flush the diaper. What a crappy (sorry couldn't resist) situation for everyone.

Maybe the passengers could have banded together and fashioned up a "tar and feather" situation with that blue flushing liquid and toilet paper.
Originally Posted by Navig8R
I find this incredibly greedy that you plan to file a complaint for something that was completely out of AA's control, especially after they preemptively offered you 30k miles as compensation. Would you file a complaint to AA if your flight diverted for a medical emergency? $hit happens, move on and enjoy Hawaii
As great as it may have been to shame the person responsible, it sounds like the cause was unknown until after landing. At the very least we weren't informed of it in flight. My assumption had been it's a maintenance problem, until I saw that news article (after receiving the "proactive" comp).
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Does American Airlines cater on-board plastic personal poop bags for every passenger during extended duration flights like KOA-PHX or do they expect passengers to share their poop bag with some other frequent flying littermate?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Can't wait to hear how people would not have had to pee if the FA hadn't forced them into partaking in PDBs.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Flew sfo/lhr once when over Canada we turned around to land on Sea because the toilets weren’t working. We were royally p**ssed because passengers had told the FAs before departure that they weren’t working.

We all said “just give us a bucket and continue to lhr” to no avail.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
The 757-200 does not have a vacuum toilet system. Something about this 'diaper' story does not make sense.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Navig8R
I'd agree to pee in the sink on all my flights for a year for 30K miles
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Antarius
yes I have.

The water savings compared to a vacuum flush are negligible. The space taken up by a urinal is worth more than the weight penalty of a few gallons of water. Heck, the sinks use plenty more.
the sink IS the urinal!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Have you ever tried this in an earthquake?

with 3 degrees of motion
A urinal would be mounted higher and closer than the toilet seat currently is, so more pee would make it to the urinal, and no unintended pee on the toilet seat. Maybe I'm unusual, but my aim is very good, even in turbulence. It's a gift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.