Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

$900 per person travel voucher on AA... with kids

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$900 per person travel voucher on AA... with kids

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Science Goy
Just to be clear, you don't lose the rest of the voucher if you don't use the full amount. You can use $500 now and $500 later (and I believe the "change" is issued in a new voucher with a longer expiration date)
Curious as to the validity of this statement (based on my experience with UA). With UA, I do not have to use a cert all at once, but the expiration date does not change. If it extends with AA, I'd like to know. Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by lamphs
Curious as to the validity of this statement (based on my experience with UA). With UA, I do not have to use a cert all at once, but the expiration date does not change. If it extends with AA, I'd like to know. Thanks!
It is valid. If you use it partially, you get a new cert valid for another year.
Or you could leave the kids at home and still use their voucher for your travel, so you have more to spend.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Offshore171
How about Tokyo?
Having recently relocated to Tokyo and experiencing my first summer, I would absolutely discourage ANYONE from visiting in July or August. In fact, most of our expat friends go back to the US to escape the heat and humidity.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
It is valid. If you use it partially, you get a new cert valid for another year.
Or you could leave the kids at home and still use their voucher for your travel, so you have more to spend.
To add, there is no minimum that must be spent to get a new voucher other than finding a legit airfare that can be ticketed. It might make sense to find a $30 fare on a route AA competes with Frontier/Spirit on, even if you never actually fly it, just to get an extension of the voucher. The ticket can be issued close to the expiration date, giving almost an additional full year for the voucher.
LovePrunes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.