Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

USA-Europe First Class: AA vs UA vs DeltaOne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA-Europe First Class: AA vs UA vs DeltaOne

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Having flown all 3 at some point in the past, my best experience was DL. But that was a few years ago. I definitely agree with the others that going with one of the better European carriers is a better bet.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: LH HON
Umm is this really a question? UA codeshare operated by SQ/LH. There you go.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
UA has got to be the worst way to cross the Atlantic. See Polaris J vs. Polaris F discussion here, no way I'd pay money for that over AA: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/uni...t-vs-business/

If you're going IAD-CDG and looking to buy F, fly AF!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by nologic
Doesn't UA fly F from IAD-CDG?
Just the old seat. Catering is same menu as J. So not really true F and should go away soon.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
UA has got to be the worst way to cross the Atlantic. See Polaris J vs. Polaris F discussion here, no way I'd pay money for that over AA: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/uni...t-vs-business/

If you're going IAD-CDG and looking to buy F, fly AF!
I try to avoid UA whenever I can. I don't mind AA's F Product (and really like First Class dining in Miami) - my last UA TATL was FRA-IAD in F which was an exceptionally sad experience. Pre-Takeoff drinks in plastic cups. Literally the same menu as J (it even said "Business Class" on it) - there was more seat space than the sardine config in J, but that was about it. I'd take AA J (and most other Js) over that experience anytime
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
If you have cash, fly Air France La Premiere. I did JFK to CDG last summer and it was my best TATL flight, ever.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by wrp96

The first class cabin still exists on some planes but as of last month UA no longer sells international F.
They restarted sales for some bizarre reason.
Maybe people were complaining to UA that they could not give them money for the "better" seats.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DWFI
They restarted sales for some bizarre reason.
Maybe people were complaining to UA that they could not give them money for the "better" seats.
Could be a code share/alliance thing - when I had my "UA F" experience a while back it was a LH code share
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AA100k
If you have cash, fly Air France La Premiere.
Or FlyingBlue miles. Not Delta SkyMiles.
AA100k likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Could be a code share/alliance thing - when I had my "UA F" experience a while back it was a LH code share
No, it's "Polaris First" (as opposed to Polaris Business) but it's just an extra appetizer skewer, a bowl of soup, and (significantly better) seating -- 1-2-1 versus 2-4-2. So it's almost on par with AA's 1-2-1 J products but with the added bonus of the UA soft product.
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.