Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: CLT B Admirals Club renovated, expanded reopened 20 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:09 pm
OTD
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus

I haven't seen this anywhere on here. One of the bartenders told me Friday that the B club would be closing next month for renovations. Word is it will have a bit more space (while staying in the same footprint). I sure don't think it could have any LESS space than it does now.

No word on how long it will be closed.

Mods, feel free to merge if needed.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Another reason to avoid this gross airport
Spiff and JJeffrey like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:05 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I think the closure may also be related to the widening of the B concourse. The last time I connected in CLT as I walked from a high# B gate everything on the side of the B AC was closed off...I expected to see that the AC was also closed.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:09 pm
OTD
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by nrr
I think the closure may also be related to the widening of the B concourse. The last time I connected in CLT as I walked from a high# B gate everything on the side of the B AC was closed off...I expected to see that the AC was also closed.
Yeah, it's all part of that.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by OTD
Word is it will have a bit more space (while staying in the same footprint). I sure don't think it could have any LESS space than it does now.
Oh it could, because it has. Hard as it is to imagine now, the B Club has received at least two additions just since its days as a Piedmont Presidential Suite (and I can't speak to what happened during that time.) Seriously though, thanks for the heads up!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:40 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
There are lots of areas partitioned by walls (which take up space). If (assuming it is structurally sound) they get rid of the partitions they would gain lots of (needed) space.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Oh, boy. The C/D Admirals Club is way overcrowded already. Too bad another Club wasn't opened before the B one closes, even if it's termporary.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
To stay in TOS:

CLT creates a vacuum.
CLT is a piece of pasture pancakes.
I'd rather change in LHR than change in CLT.
And PHL is WORSE!
IMHO.
YMMV (but I doubt it).

OBTW-I am not a big fan of CLT.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Its about damn time CLT got better Admirals Clubs.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
CLT is a connecting airport and international gateway yet not AC shower! I hope remodeled B club remedies this but doubt it. Priority Pass to the rescue with Minute Suites in the main terminal between C and B concourses. Use Minute Suites for a shower then hangout in the pathetic ACs after your free hour expires.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:33 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by salsa
CLT is a connecting airport and international gateway yet not AC shower! I hope remodeled B club remedies this but doubt it. Priority Pass to the rescue with Minute Suites in the main terminal between C and B concourses. Use Minute Suites for a shower then hangout in the pathetic ACs after your free hour expires.
Unfortunately, even with Priority Pass Select, one has to pay for a shower during your free hour at the Minute Suites 👎
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Oh, boy. The C/D Admirals Club is way overcrowded already. Too bad another Club wasn't opened before the B one closes, even if it's termporary.
I think the C/D AC can absorb the fifteen person capacity of the B AC just fine
dylanks and OTD like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I hope the renovation of CLT's AC goes well. It is a friendly little spot notwithstanding there are some that do not like CLT. To each their own, I am not a huge fan of LGA.

Safe Travels
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:10 am

I was in the B lounge today. It is closing for renovations July 8 or 9.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Good to know. Will be connecting in CLT quite a bit over the next 2 months. The C AC is usually not super crowded. The club however really needs showers. Seems as though there's room for a few showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.