Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Will I be able to check in for International flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I be able to check in for International flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:58 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Any chance I’ll be able to SDC to a later LAS-DFW flight?
Almost zero chance of changing the domestic leg of an international ticket.

I think your original plan is fine. DFW-LAS is the same airplane as LAS-DFW. And you have plenty of time built in to make the DFW-PEK flight.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AA PPro
I have a similar questions. I'm flying SEA-LHF marketed as AA but flying BA metal. I had to buy a positioning flight from PDX to SEA and will be airside. Because it is international, BA generally doesn't allow full checkin unless they sea your passport. Will AA check me in at Portland for my flight from SEA (and issues Boarding passes)? Will I be able to go directly to the BA gate (airside) when I arrive and finish my boarding or will I have to go landside to "check-in?"
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I have a similar questions. I'm flying SEA-LHF marketed as AA but flying BA metal. I had to buy a positioning flight from PDX to SEA and will be airside. Because it is international, BA generally doesn't allow full checkin unless they sea your passport. Will AA check me in at Portland for my flight from SEA (and issues Boarding passes)? Will I be able to go directly to the BA gate (airside) when I arrive and finish my boarding or will I have to go landside to "check-in?"
AA won't be able to check you in for a separate BA itinerary at PDX.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I did something similar a few months ago, where I flew AUS-JFK on AA, then a separate ticket on AY for JFK-HEL. I was able to check in for the AY flight online. When I got to JFK, I just went to the gate for JFK-HEL and they finished there (they wanted to give me a new boarding pass). I can't remember, they might have checked my passport again.

If I were you, I'd try to check in with BA online or with their app.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Almost zero chance of changing the domestic leg of an international ticket.

I think your original plan is fine. DFW-LAS is the same airplane as LAS-DFW. And you have plenty of time built in to make the DFW-PEK flight.
I have never had a issue changing the domestic leg of a international ticket. Leaving and returning
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
I have never had a issue changing the domestic leg of a international ticket. Leaving and returning
No problem here, either, when a schedule change >30min happens. Did it in March for an upcoming trip. Schedule changed, domestic leg on return trip got moved up to an earlier flight that was just barely over MCT. Called, and was swapped back a flight with no questions asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.