Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pre landing mint/candy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Has anyone calculated whether the new mints weigh less and generate fuel savings? Also, wondering how they compare cost-wise to the missing olives ....
apeortdz likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Platinum
They're awful...

I quite enjoyed the old mints. Two weeks ago, I got the new one on the way to DFW, and I spit it out pretty quickly. Not good. I've only been offered on one flight since, though... which I politely declined.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:40 pm

I actually love the new mints, but I also love cinnamon. To each his own.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy
I actually love the new mints, but I also love cinnamon. To each his own.
Same. I was pretty excited.

I can't think of a flight where the previous dinner mint or this cinnamon candy haven't been offered. Weird that others don't see them.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:53 pm

I have a mint allergy. It is a food allergy that causes nausea and minor breathing difficulty. I think it is pretty rare, unlike the peanut/tree nut thing. When the entire cabin starts sucking on mints, it is very unpleasant for me because there is so little fresh air ventilation on aircraft. I get the same discomfort when someone sitting next to or near me starts chomping on a jawful of mint chewing gum. It's my problem and not nearly the worst health issue I could have.

Strong perfume, nail polisher remover, and really anything that emits strong odors should be limited on aircraft. I don't think it would inconvenience passengers as much as having to place a cloth over your nose and mouth to avoid nausea.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
MIA-CLT 4/27/18 - no landing mints at all.
Perhaps we should start a new thread: "New-Landing-Mints-when-what-why-not-consolidated"
apeortdz likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Too bad, liked the old mints and the old AA logo.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: A few here and there
I rather like the new mints. I found the old ones would stick in my teeth.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nrr
AA recently changed the pre landing mint/candy from a soft (chewable) item to a hard (tooth breaking) item. I normally open the wrapper and pop one in my mouth--I sometimes immediately chew on one. The first time I encountered the change it's a good thing I looked first.
I wonder how many flyers have cracked teeth?
Well given that you're talking about eating a sugary item without the ability to immediately brush your teeth, I find it odd that you're so worried about dental health. It's really the best practice from the airline.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I think they are all manufactured by the same company. I've seen both flavors, the old buttermint flavor and the new cinnamon mint flavor. I agree, the buttermint were MUCH better and much classier than the disgusting cinnamon mints. Why would they change this?

I suggest we all start complaining - maybe they will bring back the buttermints.

While we're at it, I'm tired of the chocolate chip cookies. They just crumble in your hands and you get chocolate everywhere.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.