Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2018 AA Miles 25% Bonus Hotel Transfer Promo - ends 31 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Earn 25% bonus miles link

2017 thread: 25% Bonus through 15 Jun 2017 Converting Hotel Points to AA Miles

Now - May 31, 2018

Convert your hotel points to AAdvantage® miles and earn a 25% bonus. For example: if you convert 20,000 hotel points, you'll get 5,000 additional bonus miles. To earn the bonus you have to register before converting. Get one step closer to your adventure today.*
Requires registration

Terms and Conditions

25% conversion bonus for 5 hotel partners
Promotion Period: 4/15/18– 5/31/18

From April 15, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Central Time through May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (“the Promotion Period”), AAdvantage® members must preregister at aa.com/converthotelpoints and opt in to receive marketing communications for the opportunity to receive bonus American Airlines AAdvantage® miles (“Offer”). To qualify for this AAdvantage® 25% bonus mile offer, member must initiate the AAdvantage® mileage conversions with participating eligible AAdvantage® program hotel participants (“Hotel Partner(s)”) during the Promotion Period, must provide their AAdvantage® number, and must be in good standing in the AAdvantage® program.

Members can convert multiple times with multiple Hotel Partners to earn bonus points. Conversions for hotel and air packages from Hotel Partners are not included for this offer. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers. Conversions that take place before a member is registered for the offer will not count toward the offer.

Bonus miles will be posted by American Airlines to the qualifying AAdvantage® member's account within 7 business days after the initial conversion activity has been posted by the participating Hotel Partner. Bonus miles earned in this promotion do not count toward elite status qualification. If a Hotel Partner reverses an award of miles pursuant to the terms and conditions applicable for transacting with that Hotel Partner, American Airlines reserves the right to adjust the bonus miles awarded to the member under this Offer.

American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by Hotel Partners. American Airlines assumes no responsibility for how participating Hotel Partners count qualified conversions. You must check with the participating Hotel Partner to confirm what counts as a qualified conversion.

Additional terms may apply. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months’ notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Individuals who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com/enroll or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880.

Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
AmericanAirlines and AAdvantage® are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. Copyright 2018 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

Apologies if there is already a thread. Looks like last year's promo is back till May 31st:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...s-to-miles.jsp

Last year's thread:

25% Bonus through 15 Jun 2017 Converting Hotel Points to AA Miles

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 24, 2018 at 8:15 pm Reason: Trim URL of unnecessary baggage
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Note that registration is required.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
AA Miles 25% Hotel Transfer Bonus - ends 31 May 2018

I recieved an email about the 25% bonus transfer and this morning moved miles to AAdvantage from SPG points. After I put in the request I noticed you needed to pre-register (I do not remember doing that previously on similar offers, but it has been a while)

I went ahead and registered but it was about 2 hours after I initiated the transfer. I am pretty sure I will be all right, but has anyone made this mistake before. I guess I could call SPG and see if they can halt the transfer and then do it again... but not sure if it is necessary.

Any experience if the pre-register before the points post or before the request was made?
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
IME, it's okay to register for the promo after initiating the transfer, so long as the registration is completed before the points are deposited into your AA account.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by fwfdan
I recieved an email about the 25% bonus transfer and this morning moved miles to AAdvantage from SPG points. After I put in the request I noticed you needed to pre-register (I do not remember doing that previously on similar offers, but it has been a while)

I went ahead and registered but it was about 2 hours after I initiated the transfer. I am pretty sure I will be all right, but has anyone made this mistake before. I guess I could call SPG and see if they can halt the transfer and then do it again... but not sure if it is necessary.

Any experience if the pre-register before the points post or before the request was made?
The T&Cs are fairly straightforward "Conversions that take place before a member is registered for the offer will not count toward the offer."
I would expect the bonus if your AAcount had not yet showed the conversion when you registered
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by mvoight
The T&Cs are fairly straightforward "Conversions that take place before a member is registered for the offer will not count toward the offer."
I would expect the bonus if your AAcount had not yet showed the conversion when you registered

That is how I read it as well... but rather than be in the .00001% chance situation of them saying "you did the conversion at 10:10AM on SPG and registered at 11:54 on AA so you do not get the points" I called and pulled back the points and will do it again tomorrow.

Thanks,
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Can I transfer SPG points from my account into my husband’s AA account and get the bonus. We both registered. It’s just I have all the points in my SPG account. I know I can transfer SPG points to his account and then he could transfer to his AA. I am hoping I can eliminate a step and speed up the process.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:05 am

Well, I just spent 400K miles and thought this would be a good way to refill, but it looks like they excluded travel packages, so I'll probably skip it and just go with Alaska or United miles.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cruisr
Can I transfer SPG points from my account into my husband’s AA account and get the bonus. We both registered. It’s just I have all the points in my SPG account. I know I can transfer SPG points to his account and then he could transfer to his AA. I am hoping I can eliminate a step and speed up the process.
Quite certain that SPG is strict about matching names. You have more than a month so you can transfer to your husband and then to AA. In fact trying what you want may get your points stuck in limbo for a while and you may not be able to transfer in time.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
IME, it's okay to register for the promo after initiating the transfer, so long as the registration is completed before the points are deposited into your AA account.
Correct - you get the bonus. This is what happened to me as I initiated the transfer right before I got the email.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Is this promotion every year? I have a trip in 2020 (conference) that I wish to use AA miles for. Right now I have next to zero AA miles but a lot of SPG points. I don’t want to transfer to AA until I’m about to book my flights. If this transfer bonus of 25% occurs annually, I will wait.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Is this promotion every year? I have a trip in 2020 (conference) that I wish to use AA miles for. Right now I have next to zero AA miles but a lot of SPG points. I don’t want to transfer to AA until I’m about to book my flights. If this transfer bonus of 25% occurs annually, I will wait.
It has happened twice that I know of, but due to the merger with Marriott not sure how long the airline transfer program will last at current ratios.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I understand that the T&Cs have called out that "Conversions for hotel and air packages from Hotel Partners are not included for this offer". but has anyone seen otherwise? Not sure how AA can tell whether the transfer is coming from a regular conversion of Marriott points or a travel package conversion.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Not sure how AA can tell whether the transfer is coming from a regular conversion of Marriott points or a travel package conversion.
Maybe the transaction description?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Maybe the transaction description?
Its been a while since I transferred to AA (or to any airline for that matter). Can someone who has recently done a transfer post what the transaction description was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.