Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Updating Cole Haan Amenity Kits in "March 2018"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Updating Cole Haan Amenity Kits in "March 2018"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I don't get why AA is spending so much time and money on constantly updating their amenity kits......the inside contents remain the same and I would love to see $$$ being spent elsewhere.
The inside/content the airline usually pays for, the kit itself pays itself thru the sponsorship contract with the brand.

Amenity kits & toiletries | Products & equipment | SPIRIANT
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
The new transcon J kit at least zips closed now instead of the super weird old design that didn't really close at all (I've had both the front button and the back flap open on me) It does feel cheaper but I'd take a small zippable bag any day over the old one. Tooth brush and tooth paste are gone and replaced with an interesting toothbrush like thing that says it does not require water.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yesterday I got the new zippered kit but it had the toothpaste, brush and mouthwash.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
anyone have an extra cole haan coupon lol. couldnt find a dedicated thread if there was one..
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, United 1k
Got the new bag on my flight to Shanghai last week. It was a let down for me. Reminded me of the United PGA golf bag kit from a few years ago. The AA Cole Haan kit is just a large black nylon bag and nothing more. Too small for my shoes, too large for anything else. Maybe a tablet sleeve?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:33 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
In mid-March I flew in bc(J) between JFK and ZRH. The kits were the same as in Jan. 2018. From previous trips I have lots of lip balm. The socks are on a par with the 2 pair for $0.99 (at the 99 cents store) but not as "pretty". 10 years ago AA had grey (soft) bags with several zippered compartments, not as nice (visually) as the current kits, but VERY useable for storage and can be folded for compact storage.

Last edited by nrr; Mar 29, 2018 at 8:20 am
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mvoight
YES!! My first business class trip was in 1989 to Paris on CO. They gave you a can of Evian spray.
It was the most useful kit amenity I have ever had. Unfortunately, that is the last time I have seen it in an amenity kit
(At least from an airline. ... I remember something similar at an event too, possibly the Grammys)
Evian spray still exist in LH F lavatories, as for inside the amenity kit itself, cant think of any except in NH‘s amenity basket in F around 2006 maybe (back before Rimowa and Samsonite, NH used to provide you a bag and amenity basket, then you take whatever to stuff your bag, the spray is actually Avenne instead of Evian but same size)
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw

(The only other ones are these early 2000s era cheap UA bags that are tiny by today's standards, but are small pouches with drawstrings... perfect for storing chargers and cables.)
Actually from late 90s, first one i had ever gotten was grey in 1998, inside has molton brown stuff and even a bottle of Rembrandt mouthwash, then after that the same size little drawstring bag was changed to dark blue with Aerosense stuff, then SoMo.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA_ORDlady
I had a whole bunch of amenity kits in my suitcase closet and sold them as a lot on eBay. Evidently there are folks who collect them.
Maybe it was me.

Out of everything aviation related, i collect amenity kits the most. So if anyone have tons that want to donate to homeless shelters, please dont, i will take them all.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jacket1
Got the new bag on my flight to Shanghai last week. It was a let down for me. Reminded me of the United PGA golf bag kit from a few years ago. The AA Cole Haan kit is just a large black nylon bag and nothing more. Too small for my shoes, too large for anything else. Maybe a tablet sleeve?
Got the new J bag on the DFW-HKG flight too. Agreed, it's just a big featureless bag. Totally underwhelming. How big are your shoes? My men's 8.5 sneakers fit with inches lengthwise to spare. Dress shoes are probably too tight to fit due to width though.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, United 1k
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Maybe it was me.

Out of everything aviation related, i collect amenity kits the most. So if anyone have tons that want to donate to homeless shelters, please dont, i will take them all.
I literally just gave away about 30 bags (AA, UA, DL, QR, KL, and even some old CO and TP)!

Originally Posted by flightrisk
Got the new J bag on the DFW-HKG flight too. Agreed, it's just a big featureless bag. Totally underwhelming. How big are your shoes? My men's 8.5 sneakers fit with inches lengthwise to spare. Dress shoes are probably too tight to fit due to width though.
I'm a 10.5. Length was OK, but too narrow. Underwhelming is a great word to describe the bag. You have to reach in the bag up to your elbow to fish out lip balm or lotion.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:10 am

is the flagship amenity kit leather or pleather?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Left: International J bag
Right: Transcon F bag

BTW - I might be misremembering, but the pen is new right? The headset condoms are no longer provided either.

Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EP
I believe a pen has been included for years. Not the greatest pen mind you. :-)

Originally Posted by flightrisk
Left: International J bag
Right: Transcon F bag

BTW - I might be misremembering, but the pen is new right? The headset condoms are no longer provided either.

Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:23 am

Has anyone received the new International F kit? Flew LAX->HKG in F recently and received the old amenity kit, the grey/brown fold over clutch/tablet bag....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.