Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Not based on current FFD access rules which for the most parts limits access to qualifying AA F pax only.
While I absolutely agree that is the stated access rule, multiple reports indicate that BA F pax at MIA are granted access to FFD. I am very eager to find out if they will follow suit at DFW, as that could have a significant influence on my flight choices in the future.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ikwia
While I absolutely agree that is the stated access rule, multiple reports indicate that BA F pax at MIA are granted access to FFD. I am very eager to find out if they will follow suit at DFW, as that could have a significant influence on my flight choices in the future.
As I said in my full comment, if X airline is willing to pay for it, AA will not object..
Old May 5, 2019, 9:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ikwia
I agree with teemuflyer.

Cathay Pacific First pax have Flagship First Dining by arrangement between AA and CX in JFK, British Airways First pax are said to in MIA. I think BA is likely to have the same arrangement, given iirc BA will be using the D Flagship Lounge and Admirals Clubs soon, and AF is very likely too - AA F and one world Emeralds have access to the SYD Qantas First lounge and dining. (Gimme salt and pepper squid!)
teemuflyer likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA PPro
You only have access to the Qantas first if you are traveling from SYD/MEL internationally. We have DFW-SYD-MEL and we have to pass customs to a domestic terminal for SYD-MEL and only access to the QF business lounge
Old May 11, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by panjabi
Dear Morgan,

Sadly you too have fallen victim to this very well planned conspiracy against James318 and me. A long long time ago, the highest decision makers in AA looked at James318 and my schedules and deliberately made the opening a couple of days AFTER we left. Now it seems that more of us were ensnared in this deviously fiendish master plan, than earlier thought.

The reasons for these actions by AA are manifold. It could be that I may have had a few too many Korean meatballs during my last visit at the ORD Flagship. There was also an attendant (who could have been an undercover accountant) who did look at me when I had my second (or was it the fifth) flute of some bubbly (possibly alcoholic) drink, and furiously punched numbers into his calculator

I fear James318 may too have breached cost controls at his last visit to a Flagship lounge. You too may have taken one too of "complementary" somethings.

So, at the highest levels, a plan was hatched to make sure we were all NOT at DFW when they opened this lounge

Sadly, this is the Great Game that is being played, and AA has a leg up. So, next time when I have to travel internationally via DFW, I will make sure my ticket is purchased at the very last minute, so that they don't get a wind of my plans and shut down the Flagship Lounge for "health reasons"

Keep the faith! Courage my friends!

Flagship Lounge Warrior Panjabi
Dear Panjabi,

Please forward all your travel plans to me so I may avoid any further interruptions in my lounge access plans. I find it shocking that I am being disallowed my lounge experience due to your over consumption of meatballs. Perhaps you should consume the snack mix instead as this is certainly a lower cost item.

Sincerely,

Your disappointed fellow traveler
Morgan
wrp96 and robertablake like this.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
So...no surprise opening today?
Old May 13, 2019, 8:14 am

I guess I can look at the positives. AA has insured I pay one last visit to the "premium" lounge.
robertablake likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:29 pm

AA should be ashamed of this "premium" lounge. I've been here before but this time it is the saddest I've ever seen the offerings. Luckily I have plenty of time to head over to A and get back.
robertablake likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by james318
AA should be ashamed of this "premium" lounge. I've been here before but this time it is the saddest I've ever seen the offerings. Luckily I have plenty of time to head over to A and get back.
IMO AA should be thanked for at least finding space in Terminal D, tossing in the used furniture likely to be discarded from the A and D Club refurbishments and giving passengers somewhere to wait with some food and beverages for the one year plus the D lounges took to build and equip.

Not thanked profusely, mind you, and I’m not one to give AA credit where none is earned - but they did the right thing even if they didn’t go all out. The payoff will be Thursday.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
IMO AA should be thanked for at least finding space in Terminal D, tossing in the used furniture likely to be discarded from the A and D Club refurbishments and giving passengers somewhere to wait with some food and beverages for the one year plus the D lounges took to build and equip.

Not thanked profusely, mind you, and I’m not one to give AA credit where none is earned - but they did the right thing even if they didn’t go all out. The payoff will be Thursday.
Yeah, I thought about it after I posted. We should be happy it was even an option. They didn't have to give us that, with the Skylink trains as an option.

I decided to hit up the Amex club versus schlepping to A.
JDiver and wrp96 like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA - My other choices are severely limited
Thank GOD Terminal A was decent while D was out of action.
JDiver and wrp96 like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by james318
So...no surprise opening today?

I'll be there tomorrow and will let you know if its open or if there's any sort of new sign with a date.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by JDiver
Despite all of my .....ing here about the "premium lounge", I do agree with your overall sentiment -- that we are all better off for having the temporary (and pAAthetic) solution vs none at all. And, those boneless wings I had Friday made it all worth it ;-)

Please read the new thread about the new DFW Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining here. Some posts have moved there.

teemuflyer, wrp96 and Justin Case like this.

Last edited by JDiver; May 13, 2019 at 9:37 pm Reason: Insert moderator referral link
Old May 14, 2019, 9:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
From Andy's Travel Blog, a media "preview" tour of the new FL at DFW:

https://andystravelblog.boardingarea...339.1557754295

IT LOOKS SO NICE!!!!!!
Photos from his article:

His comment regarding this being the best lounge in the US might be a bit hyperbolic, but from the photos it certainly looks to hold its own against the likes of QF F lounge @ LAX.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
(I'm Andy)

Maybe a bit hyperbolic, sure, but the tarmac views can't be beaten from this lounge, versus the non-existent views at QF F. The food in Flagship First Dining is as good/better than QF F food, I think the main difference will be that more people can access the sit-down dining at QF F than will FFD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.