Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jayer
We have peasant-grade AAdmirals Club membership. I presume we don't qualify for anything with "Premium" in it's name, and the upgrade hasn't cleared. But please tell me if we can get in. Would really like to avoid a last-second Skylink ride from another terminal.

Thanks
the AC is far better anyways. The biggest question about the premium lounge is where to put the quotes... "premium lounge" or "premium" lounge or premium "lounge"
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
The biggest question about the premium lounge is where to put the quotes... "premium lounge" or "premium" lounge or premium "lounge"
This is so very spot on. 😂👌🏼
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
the AC is far better anyways. The biggest question about the premium lounge is where to put the quotes... "premium lounge" or "premium" lounge or premium "lounge"
Why would anyone debate this... clearly both "premium lounge" and "premium" lounge are correct.

When talking about the is lounge, not putting premium in quotes is clearly wrong.

wrp96, Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
I was ready to spend some quality time in the "Premium" lounge this morning, but my NRT flight (AA 175) is out of A34! I thought this was strange as AA175 always leaves from D25 - there are not even any Duty Free shops in the A terminal.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by robertablake
I was ready to spend some quality time in the "Premium" lounge this morning, but my NRT flight (AA 175) is out of A34! I thought this was strange as AA175 always leaves from D25 - there are not even any Duty Free shops in the A terminal.
The A lounge is far superior to the temporary "Flagship" lounge in D.
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by robertablake
The gods have smiled on you for being able to use the A Admiral's Club vs. the "Premium" "Lounge".
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
The A lounge is far superior to the temporary "Flagship" lounge in D.
Originally Posted by econometrics
The gods have smiled on you for being able to use the A Admiral's Club vs. the "Premium" "Lounge".
The B AC has been exceptionally nice for domestic itineraries as it's been basically free for premium drinks. I suspect this accommodation will end as soon as the AC and FSL open up in D.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The B AC has been exceptionally nice for domestic itineraries as it's been basically free for premium drinks. I suspect this accommodation will end as soon as the AC and FSL open up in D.
I was coming here to check for this exact thing when I saw the headline. I almost always connect through B, so have really been enjoying the free premium drinks. I even go out of my way to go to B if my layover is long enough.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ksucats
I even go out of my way to go to B if my layover is long enough.
I used to do the same... back before AA flooded DFW with Eagle flights. It was so quiet and nice in the B AC. Now, it's almost always full to the gills... at least when I've gone through during normal daytime hours.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by econometrics
I completely agree. I am just hoping my future flights to Tokyo will be back to flying out of the D terminal with the new Flagship lounge opening up.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Question: Would a PlatPro on a paid Biz ticket between DFW-MEX(I believe MEX is the one exception), get Flagship Lounge access? Would they be able to take 1 guest traveling on the same itinerary?
Old May 1, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by MCI777
Question: Would a PlatPro on a paid Biz ticket between DFW-MEX(I believe MEX is the one exception), get Flagship Lounge access? Would they be able to take 1 guest traveling on the same itinerary?
Yes. Business class alone to MEX qualifies for Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club access, and as you're a PLT Pro you can take one guest. Below is the correct thread...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2019-a-12.html
MCI777 likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So has the May 15 opening date for D terminal been confirmed?
JDiver likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Grsdo
So has the May 15 opening date for D terminal been confirmed?
Yes, it has. Unless there are unforeseen circumstances, and I’d not be astounded if there is a glitch.
Grsdo likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JDiver
Yes, it has. Unless there are unforeseen circumstances, and I’d not be astounded if there is a glitch.
Lounge dragon here at C now just confirmed 5/15 as well.

FYI guac station busy here at C. They are using Green Mountain brand tortilla chips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.